Latrax Pre-Runner modifications

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A humble u

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anybody know any simple diy Latrax prerunner mods (aesthetic, protective, performance)?

Just browsing Amain, RPM makes arms for them, and you can get a metal ring and pinion set for them also. Then there is always a brushless motor/esc upgrade. Tires and wheels are always a nice way to spruce up a rig.

Shocks are another area for improvement usually, but something I always find is hard to upgrade, because the springs supplied with aftermarket shocks are usually too stiff on smaller scale rigs. Especially if you just buy some that aren't specifically made for your vehicle. Adjusting your shock oil and diff fluid weight to your driving conditions/style is another way to improve your rig.

A decent fast servo is a great way to gain a performance boost as well. Good brands are Savox, Hitec, Protek, Reedy, and Reefs, to name a few. Yours likely has a mini sized servo, but I'm not familiar with the Latrax stuff.

@Xraycer has a Latrax rally car I believe, so maybe he can chime in.

Does anybody know any simple diy Latrax prerunner mods (aesthetic, protective, performance)?
I put my wltoys 1/14 buggy wheels on my latraxx prerunner and a 2s lipo. It cooks for what it is. I also put in the larger pinion gear upgrade in my Teton but that toasted the motor. So don't recommend that. If you can replace the motor with a diff one. Like brushless or whatever. I like my Traxxas stuff but those motors don't take much too blow.

@Xraycer has a Latrax rally car I believe, so maybe he can chime in.
The only thing I did to mine was upgrading the shocks. I also have the complete ball bearing set that I haven't installed yet. Other than that, I haven't even looked into any mods.

Back