Last nights storms!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

You spent how much!?!?
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Well as a lot of you know and may have experienced as well. There was a line of storms moving through my area and several others. Luckily we didn’t have any damage. But it did get REAL sketchy around 2:30a.m.

For a moment I had thought to myself. How am I gonna get all my RC’s in the bathtub with the wife and kids in there already? And really, who gets dibs on being in there first?😜

But before I could make that crucial decision on who to kick out to make room, it passed!!

In all seriousness we are all fine. And I hope ALL OF MY RC FAMILY is as well!

I’ve been really close to being in a tornado in the past and have seen first hand the devastation it causes.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Well as a lot of you know and may have experienced as well. There was a line of storms moving through my area and several others. Luckily we didn’t have any damage. But it did get REAL sketchy around 2:30a.m.

For a moment I had thought to myself. How am I gonna get all my RC’s in the bathtub with the wife and kids in there already? And really, who gets dibs on being in there first?😜

But before I could make that crucial decision on who to kick out to make room, it passed!!

I’ve been really close to being in a tornado in the past and have seen first hand the devastation it causes.

We had thunderstorms here half the night. As for the RC stuff VS. the wife and kids, put the wide and kids in the tub, and the RC stuff in a heavy vault. Its all about priorities LOL.

WOW man glad you and the family are all safe and sound.. oh and all the RC's also..that could have been a hard decision to make. Personally it would have been the wife.😉🤣🤣👍👍 no joke glad you ok bud 👍

I made a comment to Greywolf about the bad part of the storms blowing trough Kentucky and Tennessee. We got lucky in Terre Haute, IN and the gaps between the bad parts of the storm all seemed to track right over my home.

This has been the craziest storm I have seen for a long time though. The wind is blowing the trees in every direction, and is constantly giving off the sound of low flying jets close by.

Glad you made it through unscathed.

That’s awfully kind of you! 🤜🏼🤣
Don't fall for that guy. He will drive it like he stole it, and you'll get it back with cigarette burns in the seats, and a weird, white powdery substance all over the console 😛

Glad to hear you dodged a bullet. The whole time I lived in Kentucky and Tennessee I never saw a Tornado. Lots of tornado warnings. I miss the wrath of the gods type of thunder storms though. My wife hates thunderstorms.

Glad to hear you dodged a bullet. The whole time I lived in Kentucky and Tennessee I never saw a Tornado. Lots of tornado warnings. I miss the wrath of the gods type of thunder storms though. My wife hates thunderstorms.
I used to love thunderstorms, but now that I am basically immobilized, and can't jump in a car and either chase them or run away, I can live without seeing them headed my way.

That’s awfully kind of you! 🤜🏼🤣
I'm a giver.
Don't fall for that guy. He will drive it like he stole it, and you'll get it back with cigarette burns in the seats, and a weird, white powdery substance all over the console 😛
Dude, it was one time! I said I was sorry.

Before the landlord finally cut down a rotting tree in the front yard, anytime the wind came up I had to move my truck across the street because dead limbs would fall all over the yard. There's 5 grand I didn't have to pay when I bought our house and now the wife and I can sit at the kitchen window and watch the thunder storms.

I made a comment to Greywolf about the bad part of the storms blowing trough Kentucky and Tennessee. We got lucky in Terre Haute, IN and the gaps between the bad parts of the storm all seemed to track right over my home.

This has been the craziest storm I have seen for a long time though. The wind is blowing the trees in every direction, and is constantly giving off the sound of low flying jets close by.

Glad you made it through unscathed.
We had 70+ MPH winds, hail, rain, thunder, and I got to come home to this

IMG_20211211_155738027.jpg

So we are going to be without power for at least a couple days.

That sucks, I guess the good news is it didn't come through the house.
Its actually not anywhere near the house. Worst it would have done is taken out our old shed, and possibly the shed with the extra 1:1 race car parts. Luckily though, no sparks, no cut wires, since it has been raining almost non-stop most of the day, sometimes extremely heavy.

Thank you! That’s the one thing that drives me crazy about Tennessee. We tend to get all of our severe weather and tornadoes in the middle of the night.

But we were lucky this time around. 🙏🏼🙏🏼
Glad you were spared, Flames. I have family in TN and Bowling Green, KY and all made it through just fine. Scary stuff for sure!!