large scale solid axels where to get them

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyb1977

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i got my hands an a very large 4 door jeep body and I'm kicking around the idea of building a custom large scale off road truck but i can't seem to find a place that sells or makes a large scale solid axel. any idea where to find them?

From digging around and having a need for a 12" width axle for an ifs/solid axle rear short course truck. The most interesting 3 options are kyosho mad/twin force axles, rc4wd hardcore axle and xtm axles. None of these options are easy or cheap tho lol

I'm gonna wait on the wraith and see if the axles will be viable as far as width and durability. Apparently they're holding up to 3s power as of yet.

Post up when your project gets goin!

Sent from my crappy DROIDX via Tapatalk

Danny, what Jeep is it? If it is the Newbright 4 door JK Axial axles, or wheely king axles will work fine. A lot of guys that build the 1/6 scale GI Joe Jeeps in to RCs will usually use wheely king as they are just a bit wider than the axials. Got a pic of the Jeep?

+1 on the wk or axial axles. They are used on many many custom rigs out there.

Danny, what Jeep is it? If it is the Newbright 4 door JK Axial axles, or wheely king axles will work fine. A lot of guys that build the 1/6 scale GI Joe Jeeps in to RCs will usually use wheely king as they are just a bit wider than the axials. Got a pic of the Jeep?

its the green jeep rescue from a nikko cheapy rc car just took these pics yes thats one of my Axial scx10's sitting on top of it

hope this helps with an idea of the size of axel i need

its the green jeep rescue from a nikko cheapy rc car just took these pics yes thats one of my Axial scx10's sitting on top of it

hope this helps with an idea of the size of axel i need

Wow, that is a huge lid! You may have to go with something like a Tamiya mad force axle

What is the width fender to fender?

Yes, my bad, I meant to type Kyosho, but typed Tamiya instead, thanks for clarifying that.

Not a prob! Mf axles are the shizz basically. A bit hard to find but a site or 2 still are able to get ahold of parts

Sent from my crappy DROIDX via Tapatalk

You might also try RC4WD.com. They have a good selection of scale axles.

Take a look at quarter scale legends web site it's all big stuff.Heres mine I'm making everything nothing bought just to give you an idea. Picture 038.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Take a look at quarter scale legends web site it's all big stuff.Heres mine I'm making everything nothing bought just to give you an idea.View attachment 9830

View attachment 9831

nice rig can't wait to see it finished unfortunatly i can't make my own parts no machining equipment here so ill just search till i find all the parts. still waiting on parts for my AX10 to come in and just got a call today most of my parts shipped today but not my shafts they will hopefully ship out tomorrow:angry:

On that forum i told you about theres a for sale section with parts and such.One thought that might work is garage sale grab one of those kids ride on electric jeeps snatch the spindles axels and what not out of it.I think some even have metal frames .Just a thought.:D

Back