Landings for beginners...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that's one hell of a glidepath. It's really gotta rattle the nerves trying to drop a jumbo into that valley.

There's supposed to be an airport somewhere where the runway is like 50-100 feet away from the beach and people can actually stand right near the runway and the planes will come within probably 20-30 feet or less from hitting the people. There's a video of it somewhere.

Wow, that takes some serious skill, and nerves of steel.
His glide slope includes a hard banked turn, then right into the runway. He doesn't even have a long enough path to line up for the landing.
He hit it perfectly, though.

Talk about pucker factor, that was just plain insane.

AA seems to be flying in there quite frequently.
Nice to see the crabangle he maintains until touchdown, and then kicks in rudder to get the box straight. Now with my plane, this approach would be booooring... just not fast enough and there for no need to be so low, but a 757...

I had a chance to fly with one of Lufthansa's 747 Simulators in Germany years ago and we did practice approaches into Hongkong * Checkerboard *
The Checkcaptain in the right seat kept yelling: Speed, Bank, Speed, Sink, Power... even in a simulator that gets to be sweaty... the first landing included everyone laughing as my hard braking would have ripped people out of their seats. We came to a stop and he looked over to me and said: Now, in real life this would have been a "high density cockpit" more than 50 passengers, newspapers, coffemugs, and seats, all crammed into this tiny little cockpit.

Back