Kysho outlaw rampage pro a good scale sct?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I’m thinking about buying a kysho outlaw pro sct kit. Is it a good truck? Those who own one how fun is it to you? I plant to use a castle motors 4600 KV motor I have lying around and pair it with a side wonder 3 esc running exclusively 2s lipo.

ok minds made I’m getting one. I love it. 2wd and i love the scale look of it. I’ve finally found something I like. I already got an idea of what I’m gonna paint the body

well only rtr models are in stock. idk when or if a kit will ever be in stock. so i guess what I'm gonna do is buy a rtr, sell my old slash 4x4 ultimate that i never use anymore and use whatever i get from my old slash to buy the aluminum shocks, rear diff guard and front skid plate, a clear body, and what not. if i knew when the kit would or if it would be in stock id wait but idk. for all i know production for this rc is cancled and i should grab one while i still can. its gonna cost a lot more now than i anticipated due to the kit not being in stock.

Last edited:
I think you have to keep in mind that any Kyosho you buy will be a kit that requires assembly. There are even nitro buggies from some manufacturers that require parts that are not included with the kit. If you can afford it, I would buy a Losi LMT. It comes preassembled with all parts. It includes the radio - you just need the right lipo battery for it and a charger. The Losi LMT is a monster truck but you will have more fun with it than the kyosho probably. I still have not seen any customers who regret buying a Losi LMT.

If you are new to radio control (or even a newer user) I would definitely avoid kits - you might end up in a place where you have trouble putting it together and you think you wasted your money.

The Losi LMT is a bit expensive but when you factor in that it includes that radio, all the electronics, and none of the headaches of assembling a kit, it is a great buy.

Look here for it: https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-rtr/LOS04021.html

if you ave to have a pickup truck style vehicle (non monster truck) the 1/10 scale king shocks Ford Raptor Baja Rey 4WD brushless RTR is another excellent choice. Find it here: https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...-4wd-brushless-rtr-with-smart/LOS03020V2.html

finally, there are a lot of excellent vehicles made by Armma. All the vehicles I mentioned come pre assembled and require only batteries and a charger.

happy radio control days!

Will brushless bee to much? Should I go with a brushed motor instead?
I think you have to keep in mind that any Kyosho you buy will be a kit that requires assembly. There are even nitro buggies from some manufacturers that require parts that are not included with the kit. If you can afford it, I would buy a Losi LMT. It comes preassembled with all parts. It includes the radio - you just need the right lipo battery for it and a charger. The Losi LMT is a monster truck but you will have more fun with it than the kyosho probably. I still have not seen any customers who regret buying a Losi LMT.

If you are new to radio control (or even a newer user) I would definitely avoid kits - you might end up in a place where you have trouble putting it together and you think you wasted your money.

The Losi LMT is a bit expensive but when you factor in that it includes that radio, all the electronics, and none of the headaches of assembling a kit, it is a great buy.

Look here for it: https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-rtr/LOS04021.html

if you ave to have a pickup truck style vehicle (non monster truck) the 1/10 scale king shocks Ford Raptor Baja Rey 4WD brushless RTR is another excellent choice. Find it here: https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...-4wd-brushless-rtr-with-smart/LOS03020V2.html

finally, there are a lot of excellent vehicles made by Armma. All the vehicles I mentioned come pre assembled and require only batteries and a charger.

happy radio control days!
I'm definitely ready for a kit and anyways this so called "kit" comes mostly assembled unlike some others its just shocks and some of the body bracing and wheels +whatever electronics and gearing i want to use. though the standard wheels suck i already have some 1.9 tires lying around to replace them though. its practically a roller instead of a kit. I dont want a losi lmt. i love cars irl I've done mods to my car myself irl and the scale realism is what drew me to this truck plus the fact its good ole fun 2wd i already got a arrma basher that has no character and i barely use i want something realistic something i can modify and make my own but I've found I'm not a big fan of the slow crawling stuff. this is exactly the kinda thing I've been looking for I'm going with a kit cause i dont need the crappy electronics cause i already have better ones lying around and the kit comes with nicer parts. also painting my own body is great as it makes it my own. i havent painted a body myself in years but the last one i did paint on my old rustler i had years ago was really sick. i already got a paint job in mind. but of course like every other rc I've ever liked its out of stock. it probably is no longer made. nearest hobby store with one in stock is 600 miles away. very disappointing. i guess I'm on the hunt for something else again.

Last edited:
I am glad I was able to help you out sort out your thoughts.

I don't have the Rampage, but it looks pretty cool. I'm a big Kyosho fan, and I have never bought one I haven't absolutely loved.

You could by the RTR and just mod it later. Nothing wrong with that. And no, it is not a kit that you have to assemble. But you could always rip it completely apart, download the assembly manual, and put it back together. Sell the parts you don't need on ebay.

I am a kit fan too, so I know your dilemma. You can contact Kyosho and ask when it will be available.

I’m thinking about buying a kysho outlaw pro sct kit. Is it a good truck? Those who own one how fun is it to you? I plant to use a castle motors 4600 KV motor I have lying around and pair it with a side wonder 3 esc running exclusively 2s lipo.

ok minds made I’m getting one. I love it. 2wd and i love the scale look of it. I’ve finally found something I like. I already got an idea of what I’m gonna paint the body

well only rtr models are in stock. idk when or if a kit will ever be in stock. so i guess what I'm gonna do is buy a rtr, sell my old slash 4x4 ultimate that i never use anymore and use whatever i get from my old slash to buy the aluminum shocks, rear diff guard and front skid plate, a clear body, and what not. if i knew when the kit would or if it would be in stock id wait but idk. for all i know production for this rc is cancled and i should grab one while i still can. its gonna cost a lot more now than i anticipated due to the kit not being in stock.
It looks very pretty and I'm sure you made a good choice

Always go kit. RTR are good for someone that hasn't got a clue. You only have to dump more money to to the RTR's.pkus you got to go over any and all RTR's from factory. As none of them come ready to run. Screws are loose oils are low, gear mesh is off. Plus the stock factory electronics sucks. Doesn't mater from what company they all do. Or you can just build it from scratch. I prefer to build them from chassis up. So then your not buying parts you don't want. Like stock plastics, electronics, shocks. You also can put in better bearings etc.. either way building is always more fun. Then pulling them out of a box. In my honest opinion... either way have fun wrenching bud.👍👍

Back