Kyosho USA-1 VE - Finally a run vid!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I miss this?
I think it got knocked off the recent threads list pretty quickly by far less important threads 😜

They are already delivering in other parts of the world. This guy somehow got one here in the US.

I am thinking this RC is going to sell out very quickly.

I got the impression that its a re-release with upgrades
No. The original was a big 1/10th scale. This is a completely new version based on the Mad Crusher chassis which is a monsterous 1/8th scale.

Other than the standard Mad Crusher chassis, this one has improved axles as well. There were some issues with Mad Crushers and axles breaking I believe, but don't quote me on that.

Here is a Mad Crusher next to the Kraton 6S. The USA-1 will be wider and taller.
20210920_144357.jpg

20210920_144405.jpg

20210920_144420.jpg

And I will throw my 1/10 Kyosho Turbo Scorpion in there for another reference.
20210920_144734.jpg

Last edited:
How did I miss this? And stupid question this is just a re-release right?

It's basically a Mad Crusher with updated body, wheels/tires, and stronger axles, driveshafts, and maybe a few other things I am missing. From what I understand Treal has in fact said they will evaluate the truck and possibly make some aftermarket stuff(maybe axles, one could hope!).

It's basically a Mad Crusher with updated body, wheels/tires, and stronger axles, driveshafts, and maybe a few other things I am missing. From what I understand Treal has in fact said they will evaluate the truck and possibly make some aftermarket stuff(maybe axles, one could hope!).
That would be awesome! Treal makes really nice stuff.

That would be awesome! Treal makes really nice stuff.

They sure do, and since RC4WD seems a bit out of everything lately, and not sure what they are gonna do, and Hot Racing hasn't had any in stock for some time, it's much needed to get some aluminum axles. By far the best investment you can make on these trucks.

I can feel the release date getting closer!!! Here's the Nitro vid now!!!

Damn! Now I kinda want the nitro!

This thing looks badass. I'll definitely be tuned in for y'alls feedback on this!

So I have seen glimpses of the USA-1 being sold, and you can find them on ebay occasionaly. I don't have $519 saved up to buy one outright, so I'm waiting for Tower to have these so I can use the Easy Pay option (and the $85 off coupon 😉).

Kyosho America, who told me they got a small shipment, but couldn't sell on their site, put theirs on ebay and they sold out like instantly.

A few smaller hobby shops have had them, but have been selling out. It's funny that Horizon/Tower haven't had any. Maybe Kyosho hates them lol. Maybe Horizon tried to buy them out like Ford did Ferrari and insulted them by saying all future kits would use Spektrum electronics 😜

Who knows. Still patiently waiting.

After seeing that video you sent me and how cheaply made the kit looked with the links popping off easily and all that I'm probably going to skip that kit now. At least the initial release. If they become real popular and aftermarket parts are made to beef up all those weakness that one running vid showed then I might drink the koolaid then but I've lost all my hype for that kit.

I was initially turned off by that, but it's an easy fix after looking at the Crusher.

And after thinking about it a bit more, it's technically not built to be a basher. It is built to look like an 80's style monster truck. To be fair, they could have put a 90t crawler motor in it to be more realistic to that style, because those trucks were so slow you could outrun them on a bicycle. I doubt I would ever send it over any huge jumps anyway, even though I have seen vids of the Mad Crusher doing some crazy bashing.

Last edited:
I was initially turned off by that, but it's an easy fix after looking at the Crusher.

And after thinking about it a bit more, it's technically not built to be a basher. It is built to look like an 80's style monster truck. To be fair, they could have put a 90t crawler motor in it to be more realistic to that style, because those trucks were so slow you could outrun them on a bicycle. I doubt I would ever send it over any huge jumps anyway, even though I have seen vids of the Mad Crusher doing some crazy bashing.
You have a good point there and I guess thats my problem. If I bought it I would bash the daylights ouyt of it like I do most all of my rigs. That thing would break fast. Again though given time and aftermarket support if you could build it in to something more bashable Id be all for it. :)

It being a solid axle truck, it's just never going to be a bigtime basher, even with upgrades. Too much weight under the truck bouncing around.

i had the original 1/10 scale USA-1 electric with 4WD And 4WS . it had two identical motors on it and would eat through batteries in no time. the biggest problem i had was with the 4WS, was it would lock up all the time. could never get it to work right. it was not a real fast truck at all.