Kyosho usa 1 help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnimePerson3.5

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help with my Kyosho usa 1 it seems the 1st gear keeps stripping it self the mesh is set correctly and when it’s running the engines making some weird noises can someone help me figure out what’s going on

Hey guys I need some help with my Kyosho usa 1 it seems the 1st gear keeps stripping it self the mesh is set correctly and when it’s running the engines making some weird noises can someone help me figure out what’s going on

I can't help with the gear issue ,but engine sounds too lean like it is starving of fuel!..😎

I can't help with the gear issue ,but engine sounds too lean like it is starving of fuel!..😎
Thankyou I think the tune changed by itself because before it was running perfectly but just a question the engine should still be fine as long as it has compression right? I was using some sidewinder 30% nitro 12% and it only ran like that for about a little bit before I shut it off and temped it so it still should be ok right

Thankyou I think the tune changed by itself because before it was running perfectly but just a question the engine should still be fine as long as it has compression right? I was using some sidewinder 30% nitro 12% and it only ran like that for about a little bit before I shut it off and temped it so it still should be ok right

It should be!..🤔
Try to go through the manual on the engine ,put needles to factory set ,an when you tune the Hsn needle ,it
will be probably only be a slight turn to being close to where it is a descent tune ,like a 1/16 to almost a 1/2
turn to be as far as you can go!
These new engines don't take much turns on the needles ,you want to make small turn increments ,about a width
of a screwdriver blade or a 1/16 th of a turn at a time!..👍

Next fuel order get torco 30 on ebay its amazing and worth the wait and price. Almost Every fuel I've used testing head to head over the years either had much higher temps and oil content/lubrication package that did not compare to Torco.
Vp and torco 30 are all i personally run and only VP if i had no torco.

Sorry to rant but I've lost several engines during my tests and never did running vp or torco. That includes two kyosho ke25s from new properly broke in and not abused failing within a gallon one ran on Byron 30 and other on odonnell...the 3rd ke25 ran on torco had 4 5 gallons of hard life and then went to a buddy and still going after 5 years

Gear mesh. It's a bitcx to set right with 3 speeds!

Have you heard of the paper trick?

Next fuel order get torco 30 on ebay its amazing and worth the wait and price. Almost Every fuel I've used testing head to head over the years either had much higher temps and oil content/lubrication package that did not compare to Torco.
Vp and torco 30 are all i personally run and only VP if i had no torco.

Sorry to rant but I've lost several engines during my tests and never did running vp or torco. That includes two kyosho ke25s from new properly broke in and not abused failing within a gallon one ran on Byron 30 and other on odonnell...the 3rd ke25 ran on torco had 4 5 gallons of hard life and then went to a buddy and still going after 5 years

Gear mesh. It's a bitcx to set right with 3 speeds!

Have you heard of the paper trick?
Yup done the paper trick then after that run found out that the mesh came loose by it self guess they didn’t put thread locker from the factory

Yup done the paper trick then after that run found out that the mesh came loose by it self guess they didn’t put thread locker from the factory
Rtr ready to rebuild, loctite metal to metal hardware, and sort out bugs.

I had hell with my mad crusher once going with a modded 8 port SH. I concluded the frame plates would flex under hard from a dig launches, i got sick of fighting with it. Tried carbon frames, custom braces, and about 15 spurs.

The only Force ill ever have again will be the Mad Armour and RCX lol ya right