Kyosho usa 1 gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnimePerson3.5

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve been having so many issues with my Kyosho usa 1 the 1st gear constantly strips itself for some reason and I can’t seem to find any metal gears. Another issue I been having is that the truck itself the engine doesn’t sound right with the tune because every time I use the truck the tune changes Ik that’s not the trucks fault all nitro engines lose tune at some point but can anyone help me on what to do with the truck the gears keep stripping here is a video of what it sounds like

Hi there i have found that the problem lies at the three speed clutch bell you will find that no matter how well you mesh the gears together the third gear always has more space between clutch bell and spur gear that’s because the clutch bell has what you call a needle roller bearing they are wobble and nosiey and if you swap it out with a 5x8x2.5 flanged sealed bearing on the inside and 5 normal 5x8x2.5 sealed type bearings going through the rest of the clutch bell it will stop the stripping of the third gear and it will run smoother i have done this upgrade to one of my trucks and its so reliable no worries about stripping gears. Hope this helps.
2D8E98B3-F829-47CF-A67B-453BBACAE757.png
BB742AAA-A6F2-4EB4-BB5A-D25112A58649.png