Kyosho USA-1 - Anyone else waiting on this one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The electric version in the 90's sucked with the plastic drive shafts ,but the nitro was better ,
so I'm thinking that if the new electric that they put out in this era ,they changed the drive shafts
to metal!..:hehe:

that's nice to know but idk why it can only got 39 mph with a 3 speed chain drive is pretty neat

Gearing. It's still faster than the VE version which tops out at 35. Those trucks have a lot of bottom end, lots of wheelies and really leap forward when you give them gas - and that's with the relatively weak KE25 engine. Put in a .28 or .32 and it turns into an out of control bucking bronco.
The electric version in the 90's sucked with the plastic drive shafts ,but the nitro was better ,
so I'm thinking that if the new electric that they put out in this era ,they changed the drive shafts
to metal!..:hehe:

They've been metal for some time. They ditched the dog bones for CVD's with this model, and the front shaft is using a telescopic one.

I'm hoping that RC4WD makes a new run of the aluminum axles, or Hot Racing does. Something's up with RC4WD though, they have been running out of most everything as of late.

I've got the aluminum axles in one of my Mad Crusher based trucks, best investment I made for that vehicle. Not only indestructible (and I've had swing shafts blow up inside of them, had it been plastic it would have shredded), but the handling improvements are significant.

I think I posted this in another thread, but Kyosho America confirmed a small shipment arrived in the US, but they couldn't sell them on their site and they told me to look for them in hobby shops 🤔 Another shipment is due this month. There has been delays at the ports, but it looks like they are at least rolling out of the factory finally 😁

I think I posted this in another thread, but Kyosho America confirmed a small shipment arrived in the US, but they couldn't sell them on their site and they told me to look for them in hobby shops 🤔 Another shipment is due this month. There has been delays at the ports, but it looks like they are at least rolling out of the factory finally 😁
*clasps hands and rubs them together eagerly awaiting their arrival* 🤤🤤🤤

*clasps hands and rubs them together eagerly awaiting their arrival* 🤤🤤🤤
I will be calling you out of the blue, whatever time of day or night if I see them come in stock. But only after I have mine ordered 😜

I will be calling you out of the blue, whatever time of day or night if I see them come in stock. But only after I have mine ordered 😜
lol by all means brutha, let me know the second they land! I've already got the heat gun on my credit card gettin her warmed up! 🤣 🤣

Sorta off-topic of this discussion, but the Kyosho Turbo Scorpion came back in stock at Tower Hobbies. Also, at Kyosho America, the Tomahawk and regular Scorpion came back in stock. All of these Lengendary series are killer car kits if anyone is looking for something really fun to build.

If nothing else, it shows shipments are starting to trickle out of Kyosho's factory. So I am hopeful the USA-1 will show up in shops very soon.

Well, this is a screenshot from an unboxing vid of the USA-1. This is pretty sad.
Screenshot_20211016-113258_YouTube.jpg

If the US didn't regulate itself of of the industrial market, this wouldn't happen. :( but at least it's not named the Bejing 1.

If the US didn't regulate itself of of the industrial market, this wouldn't happen. :( but at least it's not named the Bejing 1.
Kyosho was always made in Japan. That was the main reason I liked them so much. I haven't bought a new Kyosho in a few years, so I hope the Legendary stuff is still made in Japan, because I am going to be buying another Turbo Scorpion soon.

Kyosho got bought again this year by a company called Surugaya. Not sure what that does for the future of Kyosho, but one of the reports from the new owner sounds promising. But this was back in March where they claimed they were going to improve availability and sales. Since then just about everything has gone out of stock 🤔

I have about 8 Kyosho cars I have been waiting for to come back in stock, and then news of this USA-1 coming back put it at the top of my list. My son saw it and he went kinda nuts talking about it, so I think he wants one 🤣
Please see my new version USA-1 modified
Hope you like..

Attachments

• 2E7EBE9C-117D-4606-B0CC-71D606E3ECE9.jpeg
    2E7EBE9C-117D-4606-B0CC-71D606E3ECE9.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 1132B0F3-6309-4FEC-B975-8D48B81786B5.jpeg
    1132B0F3-6309-4FEC-B975-8D48B81786B5.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 7F174303-37B6-4FC0-89F6-8031A12DDA2C.jpeg
    7F174303-37B6-4FC0-89F6-8031A12DDA2C.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 38669D43-ABA7-40A1-BDBD-9273D3A65C20.jpeg
    38669D43-ABA7-40A1-BDBD-9273D3A65C20.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 5A1CF5CD-5F84-4BAB-A6A5-FF1D7BEF6805.jpeg
    5A1CF5CD-5F84-4BAB-A6A5-FF1D7BEF6805.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 6167CF32-095B-4B6A-A51E-40171276F70D.jpeg
    6167CF32-095B-4B6A-A51E-40171276F70D.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 32
Please see my new version USA-1 modified
Hope you like..
I’m about to get one of these trucks and I’ve got a couple questions. I’m assuming that the links and the steering kit are from Vitavon? Also are your upper shock mounts stock? Would the freestyle 4 link adapter work with the Vitavon links and have you had any luck with getting a couple sets from freestyle rc?

Back