Kyosho USA-1 - Anyone else waiting on this one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I have been checking every now and then for any more news on the re-release of the USA-1, and so far all has been pretty quiet. I contacted Tower Hobbies to see if they were going to be carrying it, and they said they don't know. Has anyone else heard any news?

Last edited:
Havent heard anything. I would be tempted to get one of those myself!
I like the fact that it looks the part of a monster truck, and it's 1:8 scale. My only dilemma when it does come out will be nitro or electric. But the fact that there is an optional 4-wheel steering upgrade for it means I will probably go electric. Maybe I will just get both and hope for a 1:8 Bigfoot body to come along. I think it was the show "That's Incredible" where I saw them race for the very first time. Gawd they were so slow!

I like the fact that it looks the part of a monster truck, and it's 1:8 scale. My only dilemma when it does come out will be nitro or electric. But the fact that there is an optional 4-wheel steering upgrade for it means I will probably go electric. Maybe I will just get both and hope for a 1:8 Bigfoot body to come along. I think it was the show "That's Incredible" where I saw them race for the very first time. Gawd they were so slow!

According to big squid rc a few weeks ago, both electric and nitro. If thats the case, I want one of each.

I Google searched it and all I found were articles about it and some white background pics. Basically a Mad Crusher with a different body.

Kyosho got bought again this year by a company called Surugaya. Not sure what that does for the future of Kyosho, but one of the reports from the new owner sounds promising. But this was back in March where they claimed they were going to improve availability and sales. Since then just about everything has gone out of stock 🤔

I have about 8 Kyosho cars I have been waiting for to come back in stock, and then news of this USA-1 coming back put it at the top of my list. My son saw it and he went kinda nuts talking about it, so I think he wants one 🤣

The USA-1 just quietly showed up on Tower Hobbies and Horizon hobbies as a pre-order item. It wasn't there yesterday unless I just missed it. They even told me a few days ago they didn't know if they were going to sell it. So I guess I am going to give it a shot.

I went to Kyosho and downloaded all the manuals. The troubling thing is it requires a battery with the cables coming out the end like an NiMH. The recommended lipo is a Gens 45C 4000mAh round pack battery, which I didn't even know existed.
Screenshot_20210701-205646_Chrome.jpg

That is unless you want to cut the battery case and have the cables coming out the front and rear corner of the boxes. Here is the end of the battery box. The arrow shows the gap for the cables, which is on both ends of the battery box...
20210701_210258.jpg

Any suggestions for alternate batteries? I am thinking of contacting MaxAmps to have some custom made, or just hack into existing hardcase batteries and re-route the wires. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
That 4S electric version looks pretty sweet. I'll prolly buy one when they get them in stock.

That 4S electric version looks pretty sweet. I'll prolly buy one when they get them in stock.
Yeah, it does. It is pretty much just a Mad Crusher with different wheels and body. I wish I could have gotten the Mad Crusher, but it came out during a time I was broke and away from the hobby.

i don't think the nitro version is gonna be here it's not even on the kyosho america website only the electric version is here

i don't think the nitro version is gonna be here it's not even on the kyosho america website only the electric version is here
Yeah, I noticed that too. It may just be coming out later.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It may just be coming out later.
yeah I was gonna get it over the T maxx 3.3 but i later found out it was just a mad crusher and they have a really annoying weak spot the front axial

yeah I was gonna get it over the T maxx 3.3 but i later found out it was just a mad crusher and they have a really annoying weak spot the front axial
I think they changed the axles. Not sure about that though.

I think they changed the axles. Not sure about that though.
i think they said something about upgrading it but i don't really see a a huge difference they prob used different plastics but alot of people were saying that the Mad crusher and Foxx 2.0 axials were very weak

There are a few upgrades including the axles over the Mad Crusher.
that's nice to know but idk why it can only got 39 mph with a 3 speed chain drive is pretty neat

that's nice to know but idk why it can only got 39 mph with a 3 speed chain drive is pretty neat
39 is plenty fast for me. It's meant to be a scale monster truck. Not a regular basher.