Kyosho TR-15 Stadium Force or Mad Force for Begginer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshiestevens

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I am a beginner. Never built a kit before. I have ordered a Kyosho TR-15 Stadium Force but I dont know if I should change to a Mad Force due to it being better and good value.

What would you guys say is best for me. Please answer quick, so i can comfirm my order with Tower Hobbies.

thanks
josh

Well I has an Inferno TR-15 and thought it was a POS to be honest. Not very strong or reliable. The engine was difficult to tune and like I said, kept busting the car. Just my thoughts.

u no u still need to buy a radio system right?

I know, did you read the tech notes on that page?

"This is the Kyosho TR15 Stadium Force 4WD Stadium Truck.
Based on the Kyosho Inferno TR-15 buggy, this truck adds to the proven performance mix with a higher ground clearance and larger diameter wheels"

It's the Inferno with bigger wheels and a truck body basically.

Cons:The ball link suspension sucks ass!! I have the misfortune of owning an Inferno TR-15 and once every 3-5 minutes or so I have to snap a lower control arm back onto the chassis. Hopup parts are non existant, the engine is available ONLY with the car (gs-15r) it has been discontinued. There is ABSOLUTELY NO aftermarket support. Crashes will always kill bulkheads, ruin fuel tanks and bend your chassis (at least that always happens to me that way) Some of my wrecks were at relatively low speeds (10-15 mph) and I still broke tanks.

Pros: Tuning on MY car is a breeze. It runs no matter where I take it to, cold, hot, high alt. it doesn't care. Pull the cord and it starts and runs. This was my first car, and I didnt know jack about tuning, aside from where the previous owner said to turn the dial. I left it there and away I went. For a little car with a pathetic looking motor (with even more pathetic internals) ths car scoots on dirt

In closing, if I had to do it over again, I would NOT buy another TR-15. Buy a truck that has parts IN-stock at the local hobby shop. I hate waiting a week for my order to arrive from tower hobbies.

Last edited:
Back