Kyosho rage 2.0 motor upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revingtons

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, just got a Kyosho Rage 2.0 with stock 550 motor. Batteries are ni 3000. I'd like to upgrade but it seems there is more to it than just swapping the motor? Kyosho website has their le man's brush less motor as a possible upgrade. Please can someone let me know what I need to do for this upgrade, or do I just got the motor?

I just want to make it faster, so any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks

you have a 13t brushed motor with brushed esc and a 3000nimh battery. it might start at 8.2 volts but after a few short seconds be way under that like 7.6 .. a lipo 2 cell will start at 8.4volts and still be above 8 for a few minutes... the 550 size motor is Bigger than a 540 ...I really dont think either motor is a true 550 size... looks to me they are 540... but thats just me.. for new motor you will need a esc that is sensored like new la mans motor is a sensor wire also that will go to motor and esc...
the brushed motor is 2 wires +,-
the sensor is 3 main A,B,C along with sensor wire you will also more than likely have to change small gear on motor and select correct abcd hole on motor mount(called gear mesh)

you have a 13t brushed motor with brushed esc and a 3000nimh battery. it might start at 8.2 volts but after a few short seconds be way under that like 7.6 .. a lipo 2 cell will start at 8.4volts and still be above 8 for a few minutes... the 550 size motor is Bigger than a 540 ...I really dont think either motor is a true 550 size... looks to me they are 540... but thats just me.. for new motor you will need a esc that is sensored like new la mans motor is a sensor wire also that will go to motor and esc...
the brushed motor is 2 wires +,-
the sensor is 3 main A,B,C along with sensor wire you will also more than likely have to change small gear on motor and select correct abcd hole on motor mount(called gear mesh)
Thanks very much for your help, very useful. Kind regards

Back