Kyosho Nitro Thrasher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyoshohouse

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I want to change the grease in my truck it has 3 differentials but have no idea what thickness I would need as i am getting alot of front wheel torque steer so please can any one help.šŸ˜

I am not sure what the stock diff fluid is in that kit, but you might try 30k-50k in the front and see what you like best. Each RC is different, as well as driving styles, terrain, etc, so it take a bit of experimenting. I know it can seem daunting to tear an RC down to its diffs, but it's just really hard to say "use this". Trial and error is the best method.

But maybe someone here knows what the stock oil weight is. Have you torn it down to see if there is still fluid in there? If not, that may be the problem.

Maybe this will help...
Diff oil weight effects.JPG

Hi there yes i tuned the shocks out on it a while ago and that was a disaster i used silicone shock oil and they were always wet just leaked over time so i changed the shovk pistons and went back to normal oil and they are sound now dry as a bone. I think the diffs might have been grease filled as I didnā€™t see any seals any where when I stripped one of them down.
499D9C30-F354-46B6-AFF1-BECD87B2BA24.jpeg
922C72D1-6D2A-42B2-8C9E-ED3109180731.jpeg

I am not sure what the stock diff fluid is in that kit, but you might try 30k-50k in the front and see what you like best. Each RC is different, as well as driving styles, terrain, etc, so it take a bit of experimenting. I know it can seem daunting to tear an RC down to its diffs, but it's just really hard to say "use this". Trial and error is the best method.

But maybe someone here knows what the stock oil weight is. Have you torn it down to see if there is still fluid in there? If not, that may be the problem.

Maybe this will help...
View attachment 142593
Thanks for your help.

Back