kyosho inferno neo st race spec?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXTREME1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
is the neo st a good all round rc?i have been searching for a good deal and saving $ and before i spent $420 on the kyosho st race spec truggy i just wanted to know whats the good and bad on the rc.any info will help me out.

Last edited:
IDK about this kit in particular but I do know that Kyosho is generally well known for making good quality kits although from what I understand their replacement parts are a little more expensive than average.

A buddy I work with races nothing but Kyosho and he says they are SOLID rigs for the track, not so much for bashing though.

i just found out i've got a track bout 30 min. from my house.and wanted to get into racing.so that was what i was looking for is a 4wd nitro race truggy for a good price.i also looked at the 8ight t 2.0 rtr $700,mugen mbx7 kit $1000 after building it.but i wanted a good quality truggy for a good price and the neo st is the 1 i found that seems to fit what i can afford.what bout upgrades for it?and how is customer support,are parts easy too find?what is the weak points?so i know what extra to buy when i get it..thanks for the input.

Nitrohouse.com was having a sale on 8ight Truggy kits for $299. Id check out if the sale is still going on. :)

is the neo st a good all round rc?i have been searching for a good deal and saving $ and before i spent $420 on the kyosho st race spec truggy i just wanted to know whats the good and bad on the rc.any info will help me out.

I raced nitro 1/8 on road for over 30 years before deciding to try off road racing. The first car I got as the Kyosho Inferno Neo. I raced it in out-of-the-box condition for 2 months before changing the servos to higher speed servo and shortly after that I replace the engine with a LRP .28.

I think my RTR truggy handled as well as the more expensive truggies that I was competing against.

I ended up selling the Inferno Neo and purchasing a used ST-RR. For me, there is very little difference between the handling or lap times between the Inferno Neo and the ST-RR.

If you decide to get the Inferno Neo I will be glad to tell you how I set mine up and what changes I made to it.

Lee

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
I raced nitro 1/8 on road for over 30 years before deciding to try off road racing. The first car I got as the Kyosho Inferno Neo. I raced it in out-of-the-box condition for 2 months before changing the servos to higher speed servo and shortly after that I replace the engine with a LRP .28.

I think my RTR truggy handled as well as the more expensive truggies that I was competing against.

I ended up selling the Inferno Neo and purchasing a used ST-RR. For me, there is very little difference between the handling or lap times between the Inferno Neo and the ST-RR.

If you decide to get the Inferno Neo I will be glad to tell you how I set mine up and what changes I made to it.

Lee

are parts/upgrades easy to find?i think the inferno neo st will do fine for me with me just starting to race.what was your set up?and what all did you have to change?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

are parts/upgrades easy to find?i think the inferno neo st will do fine for me with me just starting to race.what was your set up?and what all did you have to change?

Here are the changes I made;

1) I dumped the fluid in the shocks and put Kyosho 500 weight in the front and 400 in the rear.

2) after running it a few times, I disassembled the diffs and put 7,000 wt. in the front, 10,000 in the middle and 1,000 in the rear diff. I also tried 3,000 in the rear but I think I liked 1,000 better.

3) while I had the diffs apart I added 2 more bevel gears to each diff. This required the purchase of ky97001 diff shaft (1) package = $6.50, and kyif102 bevel gears (2) package = $5.50. I also added droop set screws.

4) Everything else was set-up related. Ride height 32 front, 38 rear, front toe out 1 degree per side,

5) the kit I purchased came with an extra set of tires. These were AKA tires and I preferred them over the factory kit tires because the AKA tires have a better foam insert.

I don't think I had to replace any parts because this is a tough truggy.

This truggy is very similar to the 777/ST-RR which has won 7 Worlds Championships.

The parts are easy for me to find because I have them in stock for sale.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Lee

Last edited:
still can't make my mind up either a custom revo bb build or a inferno neo st build after the build they will be about the same $700.i just like the inboard susp. on a revo.any sugg?