Kyosho Inferno MP777 Setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcskiier23

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all,

Just bought a MP777 from eBay today, it came with everything except the radio transmitter and reciever. I am going to use an old radio setup for now but I was wondering what I need to have for equipment as a successful backyard basher/occasional racer.

Here is what I can think of:

Starter Box
Starter Box batteries
Glow Plug Ignitor
Glow Plugs (extra)
After Run Oil
Fuel Bottle
Temp Gun
Glow Plug wrench
Pliers

If you guys have any other tools of the trade that you have, let me know! I had a RTR a while ago but I joined the Marines so I have been out of it for a while. Thanks in advance!

spinner wrench for the wheel nuts and glow plug in one.
Extra cash.
Rechargeable 5 cell hump pack for the Rx and servos.

Semper Fi.

Oorah haha :D

Thanks for that, any specific brand on the rechargeable 5cell hump pack?

Roger that! Ill look into it.

Does everyone here usually go to amainhobby or are there others?

I personally like Tower but it's just preference.

Fair enough.

Another noob question:

What charger do you recommend? Just for the 7.2v and the 5cell hump needed for the starter and receiver.

Surely you can't be serious!...yes I am, and don't call me Shirley!

Thanks for the link. I think I'll take a trip to my LHS tomorrow and see what they have to offer, if they can throw me a military discount or something. What else did I join for if not for the discounts?! :p

So I went to my LHS yesterday to look around, they have a pretty good selection of equipment, but I think I can get better deals online.

Anyways, do you guys have an opinion on a good starter box? There are a lot out there, just trying to thin the herd and choose one. Thanks!