Kyosho GX12 Engine help for complete beginner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick_wakelin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have just bought a second hand Kyosho RC car fitted with the GX12 engine, I have never had a RC model before and wondered if anyone would be good enough to give me an idiots guide about the engine, I am a complete novice here,

I put the fuel in and presumably pump it to the engine with the little button on the top of the tank, (I told you I was a novice), I attach the glow heater, how long for and do I remove it before I try to start it?, there is a screw type needle valve by the air filter, what does that do / how do I set it? and finally assuming I ever get it started, how do I stop the engine? If someone has any documentation on this or can tell me the factory settings please email it to me at [email protected]

Many thanks for your patience.

Mick
:read:

Look in your manual (if you have one) and read this article. I dont think the GX12 engine has a low speed needle (LSN), so dont get frustrated if you dont find one :). I think the high speed needle (HSN, main fuel adjuster) stock setting on the GX12 is 2-2.5 turns out.

GX12

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't have a user manual but the info you have given me and the link you provided is a lot of help.

many thanks
mick

No problem. Feel free to ask if you have more questions. There are many wise people on this forum :)

Kyosho

I tried, there are hundreds on models there, I have no idea which is mine.. I have the engine running a dream now, cuts out at full bore though but not too worried about that at the moment. Unfortunately I lost 2 screws from the front wishbone, the threads had stripped, any body know if parts are available for these models, perferably in the UK..
MICK

Back