Killers AE RC10GT2 "Back From The Dead" Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, so I might as well start a thread on these truggies since I am going to give nitro another cahnce, First thing is first, I need to know what a decent priced engine would drop into these trucks and fit either factory header/pipe or the JP series pipes? Also, these rigs are super clean just bone stock for the most part, what would be a good start on upgrades, because I really dont want to break & upgrade, id rather just upgrade right off the bat to prevent frustrations.

As far as pictures go, I have none lol untill they arrive next week, so I will ask questions until I get them and go from there! Thanks guys!!

ae6edb75-7738-e3d8.jpg

ae6edb75-7759-12d2.jpg

And theres the GT2 hehe thanks geek :D

No problem, didn't want this to be like your other thread with demands for photos. I'm actually glad to see this thread, hope to see those cars looking nice and hauling ass soon. Decide which will be first? Everyone always says stick with the gt2, but I have a soft spot for Losi and when I had that thing running it hauled ass.

I have a soft spot for the Losi side so the Losi for sure, then the GT2 prob tuned and runnign than sold or traded but I'm not sure, I may keep em both, last time I ran a truggy was over 10 years ago and I was too young to know what to do when things went wrong so I gave up, this time its differant lol.

That's the boat I was in. Just no time to fool with them with work, wife, and kids. Hell take your time with them and maybe by then i'LLC miss them enough to buy one back!

Okay got the rigs yesterday and am totally stoked to start pushin money into these things until my wraith comes anyways. For now I got a benji ready to dump into both just to get an initial diagnostic on the situations they are in for hop-ups, replacements fixing etc.

One problem I am running into, I cannot find the part number or a site with a part number for the pull-start sets.

Losis' Engine is: Dynamite Mach .15
Team Associateds' Engine is: AE .15x

Any help on finding pull starter part #s would be dandy. I know some people not a fan of the pull-start, but thats the way I want to go this time around nitros, I have had enough EZ start Traxxas....

See if I can get some pics here in a bit.

Okay, so I just returned from my maiden voyage of the GT2, I got her tuned up nicely and boy does this bitch scream!!! Got about 25mins of run time then it just quit on me and can't get it started again... I THINK it may be the glow plug but of course I can't find my wrench.....

Any suggestions on how to make a glow plug last as long as possible?

Anywho thanks & man this re-kindles my love for nitro lol I tuned my rig in my shop and now I REAK of nitro, smells so good with the miller high life I'm drinkin down haha

Still can't get the losi started damnit...

Oh another thing, after 100% WOT the rig cuts out of full speed and slows down but with the assist of my trigger, what would cause it to go WOT then cut down like that?

Last edited:
To make a plug last longer make sure its shimmed (if needed) and run a medium heat plug. I tuned my savage for a cool plug and it lasts forever, but those little engines dont do well on cool plugs.

I am very glad you got the gt2 running. I had them both close, sputter and die, just no time to invest, makes me miss them when I hear about how quick they are. Plus they seem almost silent after running my savage. Thats why I loved driving that losi so much.

Yeah I got a tank through the GT2 but can't get it started again at all, I guess I will have to go back to factory settings and try again, I'm using a drill and allan bit for my tiger drive so I can't go far from the outlet lol...

I may sell the Losi once I get her running and tuned up nicely, so I can invest it into my GT2 cause this thing is impressive!

Alllright folks, its been a few years but its back! I sold the xxx to someone sometime prior to today, who knows what year...

Dusted off the ole GT2 and started swirling some ideas to get.it running until my .15 parts arrive. Seen a busted MAXX with a perfectly good 3.3 in it, so I jumped in my lab creating a 3.3 GT2 monster!!

Its kinda jerry rigged until I get parts in but ladies and gentlemen I present to you!!

FrankenGT!!!
aje8yjat.jpg
5e7e4u8e.jpg

Last edited:
Just got everything bolted down and my make-shift exhaust in place. Re-bent the manifold up about 1/4" for better fitment also. Electronics ran and installed into rx along with installing shock stiffner cuffs to keep her ass up so it reduces bottoming out when landing jumps and such.
Just configuring the brake and throttle linkages to the servo and then I will be golden! Also have to temporarily fit one of my MGT lids on it so I dont put it on her top unprotected, no bueno!!

JC Punisher body is the best one I have that looks the least cheezy... Either that or I run my Porsche car lid lol.

gu5enaja.jpg

8u2abuve.jpg
udyde5u9.jpg

Last edited:
Putting a 3.3 in a GT2 is an ABOMINATION!!!! Spend $20 something and get a regular GT2 lid so you have a good fit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BODY-SH...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afe159a33

Oh I am sorry is this your build? Sorry let me take it out for you sir...

Like I said before it isnt permenent, I was really bored of tearing down and cleaning 3 MTs and wanted to do something silly, that and I wanna see what this mill do in it..
And as soon as I get that $20 saved up ill go get a fitting lid, but you must think I am a fool to go test this out without a skid lid on it...

If your going to just come in here and bomb my build or what have you go crap out of your cornholio somewhere else, sound good?

Last edited:
Man this ABOMINATION of a GT2 screams with the 3.3 in it!! Trying to get her tune dialed in I just about had it when it started to rain, boo!!
No abilities to wheel stand due to poor tire tread, but.one thing I can say is that the 24/54 gearing on this rig just refuses to keep her ass planted in all of the rpm areas!!

Other than that I am actually impressed of the results of a quick no minded decision to do it... I hated seeing my GT2 in my pit bag under my table for the past 2 1/2 years...

Oh I am sorry is this your build? Sorry let me take it out for you sir...
If your going to just come in here and bomb my build or what have you go crap out of your cornholio somewhere else, sound good?

I'm just having some fun man take a Midol and chill out!

Last edited:
I'm just having some fun man take a Midol and chill out!

Having some "sarcastic" fun by badmouthing one of my build threads and not showing any bit of your sarc asm within your post is not having fun to me....

My momma once told me "If you can't say something nice" you get the rest, oh she also said "Its okay if the other person knows your just havin some fun"....

Next time you decide to have some fun like that make sure the READER reads the sarcasm..

--------
Anywho, I had to redo my throttle,brake & throttle return linkage setup because I had too much neutral play therefore restricting the full EPA of the trigger pulls. Got her on amd testing both throttle and brake as I go along so it doesn't have to be done a third time...

Traxxas 3.3 in a GT2 sounds like an awesome idea to me bro. Hell I would find a way to show horn a .21 in it LOL! I am currently trying to locate a BB conversion for a jato I know new era use to make one.

Thanks hulk I thought it was a pretty cool idea, and laughed at how overpowered it would be! I actually didnt think the swap was even possible or would have been as easy as it was and its my first time doing this.sort of swap so I learned alot and reallly enjoyed it.

I know NE has a bombproof BB mount for the Jato, and quite frankly scares the s**t out of me at the thought of an already super fast rig with a BB in it!! Woo!!

Bah!! Damn spring I am using as the throttle return is making a fool out of my throtte servo... Into the box of servos I go....

Back