kicka$s tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicide

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i ordered a roller and i want everything on it its got suspension minus shocks, .21 titanium chassis and some chassis parts the budget minus motor is about 1000 and it has tot be bullet proof and i might upgrade the arms if in budget need beadlocks and good wheels

any suggestions

I'm doing the same. The thing is... the ultimate maxx requires very very little from the original truck IMO. I think I might have a dozen individual stock parts on my TMaxx as it sits now. Making any truck bulletproof is very very difficult. IMO the ultimate basher trucks needs to be able to absorb the energy from impacts rather than disperse it. Many aftermarket parts for the TMaxx that are touted as being a strengthing parts do not absorb energy, they simply transfer it somewhere else. For instance, I do not have aluminum shock towers on my truck. I opted to go with RPM towers so if my suspension takes a for/aft hit the shocks will cause the tower to bend slightly instead of popping a shock cap. I also opted for Flextek suspension arms rather than the very highly appraised RPM arms. I've ripped titanium hinge pins straight out of RPM arms. They are very good, but certainly not bulletproof. FXT arms are designed to absorb for/aft impacts rather than transfer all of that energy to the hinge pins and bulkheads.
I've had RPM axle carriers for years on my truck and have never had a problem with them. The bearings in these are larger and stronger than stock. The axle bearings are a very overlooked parts and they take a lot of abuse. I actually need to order a new set except I'll be going with metal shielded instead of plastic. RC-Solutions spring steel skid plates are a great product as far as durability is concerned. And stick with stock bumper mounts, no need to replace these. The stock mounts are great in aiding the body in absorbing front and rear impacts.

thanks i post updates whenever i get the money for parts I'm about 250 in dept now so dont expect it soon

Back