Kaiju... What’s your thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacktavious

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I’ve got a feeling my next RC will be the Redcat Kaiju. I have always thought Redcat was toy grade RC with no support. It appears this is not this case anymore as they have pulled some really good people from the industry into their organization, and have put out some pretty cool products. I am very intrigued by this truck especially the price tag. What do y’all think?
1585535644557.jpeg

if i were to buy a new Electric this would definitely be a contended to put into consideration. it is a new model though at the moment so upgrade parts are most likely going to be scarce for the time being, and there is most likely some kinks that are going to be worked out in design, though it seems it will be minimal after watching reviews of people on the truck. seems super durable and fast. that said i dont think 6s really suites it, seems like 4s to keep the truck manageable.
my thoughts anyways.

I have 2 of them. Weaknesses and solutions = body, diff drive cups (installed some 12x8x4 bearings on the outside so that they don't split in half), front upper control arms ( I've replaced the front ones that kept breaking with some cheap Traxxas ones and they are holding up), rear upper control arms (I'll probably replace them with the arms mentioned since they are the same). The plastic spur gear gets demolished on 6s (ok on 4s). The motor gets too hot and the deans plugs too (replaces deans plugs with one single xt90 and installed powerhobby and heat sink dual fans on the motor). Replaced body with buggie body from Ebay meant for an Outcast 6s. I cut a piece of the rear of the body to make it fit better . I'm only running mine on 4s because of the plastic spur gear until there's an upgrade available. It's still pretty fast and fun on 4s. Lots of value for $399
20200421_145633.jpg
20200421_145755.jpg
20200421_145542.jpg
20200421_145551.jpg
20200422_090605.jpg
20200421_145603.jpg