K&B Racetrack - Northeastern Ohio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuZQ213

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Thought I'd try to post a few pictures from last week's trophy race at K&B to try to entice those of you who are unwilling to drive an hour to get there. ::::wink wink, nudge nudge::::

K&B is about an hour from Cleveland, less than 45 minutes from Mentor and about 1/2 an hour from Erie, PA. It's the State Route 193 exit off of I-90 near Ashtabula. They change the track right before a points race, so my guess is the one you see in this picture won't be that way after Sunday August 22nd as there's an RCN points race on Aug. 29th.

It's an awesome track and the guys and gals that run it make sure you can run clean and still have fun with jumps, crossovers, whoops, moguls and all.

0.jpg

1.jpg

I don't know this lady's name, but she's brave to marshall at that spot. (I Won't even marshall there). You can't really see it, but the truck flying through the air is coming off a double jump.

3.jpg

Finally, here's a pic of the everyone that was left after the trophies were handed out (minus me, as I was taking pictures and I had a rough day anyway).

2.jpg

Hope the pictures get a few people out there on Sunday. Practice starts at 11, racing starts at noon. Hope to see you there!

RE: K&B Racetrack

Website for K&B is up and running at K&B Racetrack -- Sept. 12th, they're holding the next RCN Points race, Sept. 19th is just a regular race day and Sept. 25th is the last race of the season (deer hunting -- land owner wants to let everything simmer down for a month or so in order for the deer to come back). Anyway Sept. 25 is another trophy race and a HUGE cookout. Practice starts at 11 am -- if anyone has any questions, go to the website and shoot them off an e-mail.

SuZQ

SuZQ213 said:
Thought I'd try to post a few pictures from last week's trophy race at K&B to try to entice those of you who are unwilling to drive an hour to get there. ::::wink wink, nudge nudge::::

hey now! hehe, actually I was up there 2 weeks ago I believe.. lemme see. Yep the Sun before this past Sun. You didn't see me? I think I was wearin green shorts and a green 42 cap... I was there like 3 hours and just watched.. pretty cool stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have a vehicle to race up there. Only thing I have is a twin .26 TMaxx project truck that's almost finished. I dunno how all that racin stuff goes but I'mma check out the site here pretty soon. Thanks for the link Suz. I think I'mma get a build a buggy over this coming winter so maybe like next spring I can get into racing.. I think that'd be pretty cool

That's me!!!!!! I am the buggy flying thru the air. Wow, That was weird just surfing r/c sites and saw my home track listed and there i was. Well I should say that Sue's husband is now the proud owner of the buggy!!!!
Sue you are everywhere!!!! :)
see ya sunday
john

Heh heh... unless Sweet Pea gets that Duratrax Evader fixed pretty darned quick, that's gonna be MY BUGGY John. No wait a minute... you buggy drivers are maniacs (of course if I'm driving, I don't have to marshall them! HA!

Lessen: Did you see the truggy killer monster truck out there that day? If not, I'll post a couple of pics. It was funny! (The truggy usually wins the monster truck heats... because of that, everyone's calling it a "cheater" truck. It's just that the driver can drive it a little better if you ask me. I have pics to post if you didn't see it. It was funny.

hmmm. I'm not sure if I saw that one or not... I probably did but don't recall... that reminds me I needa check out their site... think I'll do that now

TruggyKiller2.jpg

Heh heh -- Truggy Killer!

Okay. K&B has two races left for the season. A regular race on the 9/19/04(provided Hurricane Ivan doesn't make an appearance) and the BIG SCHEBANG on 9/25. (Rain date 9/26). All practicing starts at 11/sign in closes at noon and racing starts shortly thereafter.

On the 25th, K&B is hosting another Trophy Race as well as an end of the year banquet/cookout type event. Basically it's a potluck dinner. They're having it on Saturday so everyone can stay late and not have to go to work Monday morning (Great for me because I'm an hour away!) There's more information over on their forum (you can get there from the website above -- it's under "forum" then "news".

The track closes after the Trophy race and will open again next year. Keep watching the site for more updates.

SuZQ

TROPHY RACE 9-25-04 at K&B in Kingsville, OH

:cheers: Sounds like it's gonna be a b@ll buster of a day! Race day is SATURDAY, 9/25/04 (rain out date is SUNDAY 9/26/04). Trophies are going to be given out for 1-7 place plus a participant award. There will be a potluck style dinner/BBQ cookout after the races are over and trophies awarded. It's also the track members points awards night. I believe Scrapheep over at the K&B beat out my Sweet Pea in the monster trucks by 13 points! Can't wait to see how the other's turn out! It'll be a fun day. Practice starts at 11 racing starts about an hour later!

Back