Just Curious

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KbigO69

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I found a few cars in interest for my far future buying and i was wondering if i could get your opinions on each? which is the best? durability? and finally Pricing. No rush on answers just if your bored and nothing else to do give some opinions. here is the list
1. Losi 8ight 2.0
2. Hyper 7 TQ black
3. Team Associated RC8
4. Mantis TXS Truggy
5. Inferno MP9
6. Mugen Seiki MBX6
7. Team Associated RC8T
Many Thanks! :)

I found a few cars in interest for my far future buying and i was wondering if i could get your opinions on each? which is the best? durability? and finally Pricing. No rush on answers just if your bored and nothing else to do give some opinions. here is the list
1. Losi 8ight 2.0
2. Hyper 7 TQ black
3. Team Associated RC8
4. Mantis TXS Truggy
5. Inferno MP9
6. Mugen Seiki MBX6
7. Team Associated RC8T
Many Thanks! :)

My opinion:
Pricing low end - Hyper 7 or Redcat Monsoon. Hyper is a known good choice but getting long in the tooth tech-wise. The new Monsoon is bad-ass at this price point and I think is a much better deal. Either choice is good. Parts, LHS availability etc, blah blah. ymmv.

Mid-upper price point - Would pick the RC8T over the Losi. in fact I *have* picked the RC8 over the Losi since I just ordered my RC8 at my LHS (buggy not truggy, though pick would been same for truggy). The RC8T hasn't been run over by the ugly truck (wtf is Losi thinking?) and is a bit more forgiving to non-pro drivers. If you've got mad skills the Losi might be a better pick. Depends on if you like squirrelly (sorry, "flexi-) chassis or not.

Don't know anything about the Inferno or Mugen.

yea my favorite ones out of the list the rc8. hyper and the rc8t. No lhs around just internet lol.. and I'm def not a pro driver just got into it actually but I'm not wanting to buy right now just getting ideas

i have a losi 8ight-t and love it
for the price i paid for it i couldnt pass it up

it jumped good and ran awesome but there are a few things i would like different on it

and if i had the cash to throw down on a new truggy it would be the rc8

hope this helps you a little

yea its helping. I most like gonna get a buggy unless its the rc8t or the mantis? btw does anyone have any info on the mantis?

have u looked into the hyper 9? they are pretty sweet also

Truth be told I like the AE RC8T! Remember, though, you are going 2 wheel drive which is going to be a lot more to control than your MT...

what about the hyper 9 is it 2 wheel drive too? yea i love the mt controlling. like i said this is for far future ideas

ok i shortened the list can someone give me prices and durability please
1. Hyper 7 or 9
2. rc8
3. rc8t

1. Hyper 7 or 9
2. rc8
3. rc8t

Prices all from Tower Hobbies and for the RTR versions
Hyper 7: $299
Hyper 9: $540
RC8 RS: $499
RC8T RS: $599

Durability of the Hyper 7 is pretty well-known. Not as durable or race-spec as the RC8's but awesome for the price range it plays in. The Hyper 9 is also an excellent choice but i don't think it's worth 40 more than the RC8 (which is about as tough and race-ready as they come in this price bracket).

Of the above choices, I'd go 7 over 9, and rc8 over 7. The Hyper 7 you could hop-up to be on par or more tailored to your driving style for the same costs as the stock RTR 9. The truggy is an odd mix into the buggies choices :)

For the record, I also had a short list almost identical to yours (minus the truggy) and settled on the RC8 which will be ready for pickup this weekend at my LHS. It cost me $20 more than online and they had to order one in since none were in stock but I like my LHS, they're good peeps.

Yea idk y i put that in there but my list is down to too. thanks alot that was alot of info......... its between the hyper 7 and the rc8(rtr version). Ok lets say its mostly going to be used for bashing and jumping which will hold up the best. plus I'm not really wanting to have to upgrade stuff when i first get the buggy.

Truth be told I like the AE RC8T! Remember, though, you are going 2 wheel drive which is going to be a lot more to control than your MT...

RC8T is not a 2WD, what are you talking about?

1. Hyper 7 or 9
2. rc8
3. rc8t

Hyper 9 is pretty rad, BTW. Much better handling than the Hyper 7

just my .02

Back