Just bought the Traxxas Link Wireless Module and so far it's a little disappointing...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbishop98

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
So far it seems like you need a individual sensor for pretty much everything of any use. Won't even give me a voltage reading. Have any of you messed around with this? What did you do to get the most out of it. I have a nitro slash and a trx-4. Have a temp guage for the nitro in route but that's it so far. Thanks in advance for any input!

So far it seems like you need a individual sensor for pretty much everything of any use. Won't even give me a voltage reading. Have any of you messed around with this? What did you do to get the most out of it. I have a nitro slash and a trx-4. Have a temp guage for the nitro in route but that's it so far. Thanks in advance for any input!

I bought an Xmaxx with the module in it. Honestly seemed like a waste of time. The speedo is wildly inaccurate. I sold the truck 😂

Welcomem to RCT bud.... the system is more for the electric side of things.. do you have the telemetry reciver and expander?? With out the full system you really don't get any use out of it...

Don't have the expander but it looks like I can use a couple sensors on the factory receiver. It will be cool to check the engine temps. Hopefully they'll be fairly accurate.

I have it for Traxxas Hoss, which I just got last June. First r.c. vehicle since the 80's.

I have no interest in the telemetry stuff. I found the 'link' very helpful for adjusting steering, throttle, braking, etc. Because now I can see what the adjustments are right now, and then make small or large adjustments and see if they work for me. Before I got it, I tried using the two red buttons on the 'transmitter' and usually just screwed things up so bad I had to reset everything to default and start over.

The ability to save and recall setups is also very convenient. I use very different setups for backyard bashing and practicing on the local clay track.

It is difficult to see the settings on the cellphone on a sunny day, especially if there is no shade available. Maybe someday I will buy a different radio system, the kind where all that stuff is on a LCD on the 'transmitter' that you can see in bright sunshine.

Back