Just bought a used nitro 4-tec 3.3.. few Q's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackgold

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, bought this thing spur of the moment.. it starts up great.. runs good. The front wheels are not spinning. I played with it last night, to sort it out, determined that the main belt going to the front was not spinning. Tried to remove the circlip on the spur gear? to slide the gear that turns the front off. It didn't want to come off. I started trying to disassemble the car to get the whole gear set out. Gave up on that, put it back together to test something else out, and had front wheels. I took it out today to test it out, front went out after a bit. So I'm thinking I need to replace that spur gear assembly? What is the easiest way to remove the assembly? Also, it was SUPER sensitive to steering input. if you touched the steering while moving at a decent speed, it would spin out. Also, it seems to have a serious lack of traction, I know only being 2wd doesn't help, but what is a good tire that is durable and functional? the tires on it were worn down
Thanks,
Brian

I would remove the whole belt drive and check that all the parts are present. Did you get the manual? I believe Traxxas has an online manual if you don't.

For the steering input, your differential is too loose. Tighten it up and that should work.

When I had an on-road, I ran foam tires. These were great on smooth roads. If you are just running it up and down the street, I would run any of the HPI radials. I ran these on my MTX3 sometimes. Worked great.
http://www.rcplanet.com/HPI_X_Pattern_Radial_Procompound_Tires_p/hpi4490.htm

thanks for the replies. I will look in to those tires for sure! You said the front diff is too loose? Would that be the case even with no power going to the front wheels? Oh ya, if you give it throttle, it feels like it's got some resistance, have to rev it up to get it going. I'm guessing clutch? Looks like the main gears have to come out to get to the clutch assy? Still not sure how to go about that..
Again, thanks for the replies.
Brian

Back