Just about to receive my very first RC an A979 B ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast Willy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. Just joined here and getting my Wltoys A979 B rocket truck today. Are there others on here?

I checked them out and looks like a fun truck to drive, I hope it works out for you. I honestly don't know anything about them.

Thanks, I am actually more into crawlers but I have a couple of bashers I keep in the camper when we go out.

Attachments

• 20200206_095550.jpg
    20200206_095550.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 96
Looking pretty sharp done a poop ton of homebrewed no buck mods ????

Hello all. Just joined here and getting my Wltoys A979 B rocket truck today. Are there others on here?
Hey there. WL’s are a pretty good starter vehicle. The cost isn’t bad and they do qualify as a hobby scale RC. I have an A959 buggy and I love it. I also have 9 other larger and more expensive RC’s but I wanted to get a WL as soon as I started seeing them on YouTubes. The charger died on mine but that’s no big deal. You might want to consider getting a couple of extra batteries. You can probably get two for around $20 on Amazon. Have fun!

Already modifying the crap out of lil beast. Already have a 7.4 5200 man on the way

Attachments

• 20200212_220941.jpg
    20200212_220941.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 99
I hear shipping for spare parts for that car takes hella long so I would Order a lot of them at a time. They're super cheap anyways.

The parts are pretty inexpensive. I have an A959 that’s half way upgraded. All aluminum steering linkage,blocks,casters,driveshafts, and shocks. Right now I’m waiting on a couple of shock towers that have been on order for THREE AND A HALF WEEKS. Some parts you can get quicker. I also purchased three extra batteries with more MaH. After all is said and done I now have a $200 car. They are very fun though.