Just A Little Bragging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GADawgs33

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey

I dont know if you realized but i have been gone for a while and I've been working on my 1:1 car for about 8 months now with my brother. I'm 16 and and my brother is 18. But after all the problems with new parts and other things its finally finished. Here is a link to pictures.

http://photobucket.com/albums/e219/tyrross/
- you click on the catergories- ENJOY^

It's a 1993 Mustang GT

Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series Front Hub Kit
Dynalite Pro Series Rear Kit
Wilwood Master Cylinder
Wilwood Proportioning Valve
HPM Megabite Jrs. Lower Control Arms
Steeda Double Adjustable Upper Control Arms
Strange 10-way Shocks and Struts
17X8 Konigs
Nitto 555 Tires 255/40
BBK CasterCamber Plates
Steeda Triax
FRPP 4.10s
Moser 31 Spline Axles
FRPP 31 Trac Loc
Welded Axle Tubes
TA Performance Differential Girdle
MAC Polished Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers
MAC Catted H-Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Aluminum Driveshaft
FRPP King Cobra Clutch

I also pulled my motor and tranny to replace the rear main seal and oil pan gasket. Many things are to come just a fact of money and splitting it between R/C and My Real Car

- Cody -:8-0:

Peal off the 5.0 sticker and you got yourself a nice sleeper!

I always loved that series... I wish they didn't mess it all up like they did in the 90's. I like the latest model though... although, there will always be a place in my heart for that body style...

Yeah i know i begged my dad to buy me this car. he has something against used cars and buying them and he actually bought me this and now i get to do whatever i want to it so i started with suspension and am moving on from there.

- Cody -:banana:

Very nice. I have always liked the "Fox Body" Mustangs better. Nice to see that not every teen out there is looking to sticking intake and exhaust on an import with tons of stickers then calling it a day. Pretty extensive work you and your brother have done to the project. Keep up the good work! Also glad to see it's a stick ... You'll never regret learning to drive a stick.

Speaking of which... if I see one photo of one of those stupid coffee can exhausts on that thing, I'll take a trip out to whereever you are and kick you "SQUAW IN DA NUTZ!!!"....

Man... I really want your car. I just got an offer on a 5.0 convertable the other day from a friend... if it wasn't a stick (my wife can't drive it), I'd have seriously considered it.

really nice mustang man. what are you further plans that you want to do to it?

dannyd and anyothers

i pan on putting a turbo kit on from HP performance with the 76mm turbo. I will also be putting the trickflow trackheat kit on with the stage 2 cams. Both kits will go on a 347 block from D.S.S.

For any farther questions PM me and ask

- Cody -:banana:

93 mustang 5.0L convertable has always been one of my dream cars. (LOVE the one in Menace II society.. only without the reversed wire wheels..Id slap some 20's on that biotch!).

Ya should do a supercharger instead of a turbo though. Superchargers the power is there instantly, turbos you have to wait to spool.

4u2nv said:
93 mustang 5.0L convertable has always been one of my dream cars. (LOVE the one in Menace II society.. only without the reversed wire wheels..Id slap some 20's on that biotch!).
You should never put 20's on a 5.0 mustang it ruins the look - Don't mean to offend you but thats my opinion and you have the right of yours.

4u2nv said:
Ya should do a supercharger instead of a turbo though. Superchargers the power is there instantly, turbos you have to wait to spool.
I know what you mean but since I'm a teen and have to pay for everything (GAS) i am getting a special chip the controls how much boost your turbo has at a moment in time. A turbo's boost is controled by many things manly the size and "weight" of the blow off valve. With superchargers you can't do that because a pulley system is what controls the boost. And also witha 347 backing the turbo's the "turbo lag" wont really matter because the naturally aspirated part of the motor will take care up until about 3,000 RPM's and that's when the turbos are made to kick in. HP performance turbos are specially designed to not have "turbo lag". I also have many otehr reasons for a turbo over super charger

1.) Turbos are more efficent
2.) Turbos can be controlled (stated above)
3.) Turbos produce more HP and torque in an overall situation
4.) Turbo's have a better sound especailly for a sleeper (which i want)
5.) My Car isn't a drag car my suspension is set up for a road course not 1/4 mile passes
6.) I LOVE TURBO's
7.) Last But Not least Click on the link and you will see why i want a Turboed 5.0 mustang [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284181594311687906&q=turbo+mustangs"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284181594311687906&q=turbo+mustangs[/ame]

I used to have a 93' 5.0 5spd hard top. EXACTLY like yours. It was pearl white, black cloth interior, quasi posi rear (thats what we called it anyway), and bone stock otherwise but i absolutely LOVED that car. Other then my very first car that i ever owned I have never had anything but manual transmissions cars.

When my current gf and I were first getting serious (going on 5 years and now engaged) one of the first rules was that she MUST learn how to drive stick. Period, no discussion, this is a must. Yeah she killed her first clutch but now shes just as good as any guy i know.

As Diver said I'm very impressed that someone so young is not just looking for a "ricer" to add an intake and exhaust to and think they have a racing machine. Dont know where your from GADawgs33 but its a VERY annoying trend here on the east coast NYC area thats been going on in the last 10 years. Looks like you have a nice thought out plan for what you want to do with your ride and why. My only advise is to be careful, try to keep it on the track if you must race, have fun with it. Even tho its over 10 years old, that engine has alot of balls and can get you in trouble quickly.

Wow man sick car!

I agree in the 20's, can't do that on a stang. I really love the new GT500 coming out, my dad wants one bad :D

Not to derail the thread, but do you guys consider my car a ricer? (link in sig) Its stock other than a K&N filter and the wheels/tires. Personally I don't for one main reason, it doesn't sound like a ricer, it has a V-6 and everything... but it is made in Japan.

Last edited:
AC, not at all. A "ricer" is the attitude that someone puts forward on their car (stickers, rediculous exhaust, wing). Basically the "Fast and the Furious" look with no real performance or better yet, no performance passed a quarter mile.

Your car is very nice. There are subtle ways to gain phenominal gains and still keep it as a sleeper. Some cars can't help but scream "I dare you!" but the ones that make you drop your jaw as they tear away are the ones I go for. You have the SL. It can be worked on and not even given a second thought. If it was the VR-4, THEN you would loose that sleeper status and those that know their cars will know "better."

GADawgs33 said:
You should never put 20's on a 5.0 mustang it ruins the look - Don't mean to offend you but thats my opinion and you have the right of yours.

I know what you mean but since I'm a teen and have to pay for everything (GAS) i am getting a special chip the controls how much boost your turbo has at a moment in time. A turbo's boost is controled by many things manly the size and "weight" of the blow off valve. With superchargers you can't do that because a pulley system is what controls the boost. And also witha 347 backing the turbo's the "turbo lag" wont really matter because the naturally aspirated part of the motor will take care up until about 3,000 RPM's and that's when the turbos are made to kick in. HP performance turbos are specially designed to not have "turbo lag". I also have many otehr reasons for a turbo over super charger

1.) Turbos are more efficent
2.) Turbos can be controlled (stated above)
3.) Turbos produce more HP and torque in an overall situation
4.) Turbo's have a better sound especailly for a sleeper (which i want)
5.) My Car isn't a drag car my suspension is set up for a road course not 1/4 mile passes
6.) I LOVE TURBO's
7.) Last But Not least Click on the link and you will see why i want a Turboed 5.0 mustang http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284181594311687906&q=turbo+mustangs

Well first off, I hope you ment you was going with a stang 2 cam instead of a set of stage 2 cams on a push rod motor ;) I would also check out the cam profile to make sure that cam will work well with forced indution and the type of racing you plan to do with it.

Second of all, a blow off valve has NOTHING to do with controlling boost or mpg on a turbo. A blow off valve is designed to releive pressure on the wheels inside the turbo for better life and quicker responce times while shifting gears. I got almost 30mpg on the hwy in my SVO ( stock turbocharged) without a blow off valave...it came stock that way. The boost on a turbo is controlled by the waste gate...usualy with a spring that you can install a stronger or weeker spring. The longer the waste gate stays open the more boost you loose. There is also a vaccume device on connecting to the waste gate...on my SVO you installed a manual boost control valve to make adjustments. Just simply turn the device and check your boost gauge. Now just because you can simply turn the knob wasn't enough, I had to also adjust the fuel pressure using a fuel gauge and aftermarket FPR (fuel pressure ragulator) that is made for a 5.0. Then I had to adjust the timing for the boost....1 degree for each lb of boost added or something like that. I'm all computerized now so I forget. Now I had to make sure the fuel air mixture is right....this is a must on any forced indution motor whether you're using nitrous or blowers. Now days they got computerized controllers but not sure on a 5.0 but even still it's not as quick as one would think it is to adjust. Just put the boost where you want it and keep your foot out of it. I can drive around town all day long including passing people and not get into the boost...It'sa supercharger but I did the same with a turbo car.

Anyways...

1) They get heat soaked very quickly and loose this efficenicy. What IC are you going to run...water to air or air to air?

2) And a supercharger can't? Ok dude, lets not be lazy. Now if you happen to be as lazy as I am about swaping pullies, they make quick change sets for some blowers. It takes me about the same time to swap a pulley and install my race tune as you would to adjust your boost.

3) Anyone see if John Force was using a turbo when he set that new funny car record a last week:ponder2: They do make tons of torque but hooking it up is another story. I make 449 ft tq and spin my tires through the 60' er.

4) My supercharger sounds the same as my old T3 I had one my stang...It's quite untill I race someone ;) You actually have to listen real good to hear the blower with the hood opened on the dyno. Now really, if you want a sleeper, you've really choosen the wrong car for the job.

5) I'm pretty lost on this one. You want a sleeper but yet you want an auto tox car? There isn't anything sleeper about an auto tox car for sure and a turbo would probaly be dead weight on one anyways.

6) I love turbos also!

7) Now wait a miniute.... you said you wasn't going for drag racing:ponder2:

Best of luck with it but I would research your sport a little more before I spent any money.
Ray

Last edited:
AC48 said:
Not to derail the thread, but do you guys consider my car a ricer? (link in sig) Its stock other than a K&N filter and the wheels/tires. Personally I don't for one main reason, it doesn't sound like a ricer, it has a V-6 and everything... but it is made in Japan.
no your car is not a ricer and as diver said it has to have some pretty *** $hit on it to be one

SVORay said:
Well first off, I hope you ment you was going with a stang 2 cam instead of a set of stage 2 cams on a push rod motor ;) I would also check out the cam profile to make sure that cam will work well with forced indution and the type of racing you plan to do with it.
its a Stage 2 cam not stang 2 or cam(S) its one cam used for my car as you know. tirck flow makes a custom stage two turbo cam for my motor and i can get it with my track heat kit from them.

SVORay said:
1) They get heat soaked very quickly and loose this efficenicy. What IC are you going to run...water to air or air to air?

2) And a supercharger can't? Ok dude, lets not be lazy. Now if you happen to be as lazy as I am about swaping pullies, they make quick change sets for some blowers. It takes me about the same time to swap a pulley and install my race tune as you would to adjust your boost.

3) Anyone see if John Force was using a turbo when he set that new funny car record a last week:ponder2: They do make tons of torque but hooking it up is another story. I make 449 ft tq and spin my tires through the 60' er.

4) My supercharger sounds the same as my old T3 I had one my stang...It's quite untill I race someone ;) You actually have to listen real good to hear the blower with the hood opened on the dyno. Now really, if you want a sleeper, you've really choosen the wrong car for the job.

5) I'm pretty lost on this one. You want a sleeper but yet you want an auto tox car? There isn't anything sleeper about an auto tox car for sure and a turbo would probaly be dead weight on one anyways.

6) I love turbos also!

7) Now wait a miniute.... you said you wasn't going for drag racing:ponder2:

Best of luck with it but I would research your sport a little more before I spent any money.
Ray
1.) i am going to run an Air to Air Intercooler
2.) what can't a supercharger do?
3.) i know what you mean my dad's lightning has like 470 ft/ibs and spins same with my brother and his Mach I that has many bolt-ons too. the both have 315's DR ( drag radials)
4.) thats the point is to have a car that you can't hear anything until the race. I also dont think i have the wrong car considering I'm not going to have a big hood or any body kit kinda thing like that. And also the SCT chip that I'm getting has different settings on it so your turn a knob and it controlls the boost that why you wont be able to hear the turbos while I'm driving. ( so i think its gonna be a pretty good sleeper along with about 30 other people.)
5.) It's not going to be a full blown Auto tox car. i have the suspension set up for a more auto tox setup. b/c over the summer i will be going to summit point many days. This car is going to be used 90% Daily drving and the other 10% will be either at the strip or at an auto tox course.
6.) well who can't
7.) it will be very rarley for drag racing. between me and my brother and my dad we already have two cars setup for drag racing (MachI & SVT Lightning)
so we decided to go for another route this time.

robriguez said:
As Diver said I'm very impressed that someone so young is not just looking for a "ricer" to add an intake and exhaust to and think they have a racing machine. Dont know where your from GADawgs33 but its a VERY annoying trend here on the east coast NYC area thats been going on in the last 10 years. Looks like you have a nice thought out plan for what you want to do with your ride and why. My only advise is to be careful, try to keep it on the track if you must race, have fun with it. Even tho its over 10 years old, that engine has alot of balls and can get you in trouble quickly.

ROB i am from Nothern VA. and I'm 16 years old. i dont have my license yet i just love to work on cars. o yeah also in our town if you were to have a ricer you will get made fun of so much you would just wanna kill yourself. Unless its a supra. Almost every body around here has some sort of american car parked in there driveway. also i am in love with working on cars and makeing them faster and better to drive and look at. and yes i will keep it on the track four kids from my school have died in street racing accients.

- Cody - :banana:

Where I am there are kids that go to my school who own like 1995 Honda Civics, with steel wheels. They put a bigass spoiler and a big ass muffler on it and call it a race car lol. I get a lot of mean looks from them when I am driving my car and I give em right back haha.

Its just some people consider a ricer anything from Japan which kinda bothers me. I'm glad to see you guys don't call me a ricer lol. Theres not too many full on ricers around here, but a TON of civics have spoilers on em, very few even have good wheels.

you guys are killin me.. I personally think 20's look awesome as hell on them stangs. IMO anything under a 18 on the cars look goofy because of the bigger fender wells.

I'm one of them guys who consider anything from japan a ricer..lol.. Sorry. Its not durogatory or anything, just if it comes from the land of rice, kinda fits the ricer lable. No matter how a person sets it up.

Looks good. It is refreshing to see an interest in American Iron instead of the typical ricer stuff. I have always been a GM and Mopar guy, but I can respect what you are doing.

bare.jpg

long.jpg

GADawgs33 said:
1.) i am going to run an Air to Air Intercooler

I would look into a water to air you got the extra coin...that 1% more power over an Air to air is worth it.

GADawgs33 said:
2.) what can't a supercharger do?

You came across implying you can't control the boost on a supercharger unlike a turbo. This simply isn't true. You can probaly up the boost quicker on an electronic boost controller but you still have to tune the car. I use a Predator tuner which allows me to savea custom tune like most tuners do. I also got a quick change pulley system which all in all I could raise or lower my boost just as quick as a turbo vehicle can.

GADawgs33 said:
3.)
4.) thats the point is to have a car that you can't hear anything until the race. I also dont think i have the wrong car considering I'm not going to have a big hood or any body kit kinda thing like that. And also the SCT chip that I'm getting has different settings on it so your turn a knob and it controlls the boost that why you wont be able to hear the turbos while I'm driving. ( so i think its gonna be a pretty good sleeper along with about 30 other people.)

I guess in your part of the world people aren't fluent in 5.0's but it wouldn't be a sleeper out here. In my town you have to watch out for 7 second Bretta's and 10 second Talons.

Also, a turbo produces a great deal of heat...it would be nice to have one of those big hoods on there. Or atleast a 2.5 inch cowl.

SCT is a nice tuner but didn't know they allowed you to adjust the boost or tune on the fly but how does that make the car more of a sleeper? People arn't going to know if you got 3lbs of boost or 30 lbs of boost while your idling or driving like a normal person.

I give you two weeks before you put the car on the road that have the town will know about whats under the hood ;) That kind of news travels quicker than bad news in the girls restroom around hotroders.

GADawgs33 said:
5.) It's not going to be a full blown Auto tox car. i have the suspension set up for a more auto tox setup. b/c over the summer i will be going to summit point many days. This car is going to be used 90% Daily drving and the other 10% will be either at the strip or at an auto tox course.

Best of both worlds....well best of luck with ya.

4u2nv said:
you guys are killin me.. I personally think 20's look awesome as hell on them stangs. IMO anything under a 18 on the cars look goofy because of the bigger fender wells.

I'm one of them guys who consider anything from japan a ricer..lol.. Sorry. Its not durogatory or anything, just if it comes from the land of rice, kinda fits the ricer lable. No matter how a person sets it up.
Look at the pics, the wheels he has on there fit those wells perfect I think.

I understand what you mean on the Japan thing, but there are cars that come from there that are not little 4 cyls with giant turbos, like my car lol. I personally dislike ricers, and drive a 3000GT. It doesn't fit any of the characteristics of a ricer IMO, doesn't have a giant annoying wing, doesn't sound like a tin can when revving up, doesn't have to be dressed up with body kits and crap to get attention...etc... Ever heard one run in person? I think if they weren't made in Japan no one would think of them as a ricer at all. I personally think its one of the best looking cars made for under 50K.

As far as the supercharger/turbo issue, they both have their ups and downs, and I think its more of a matter of preference. If it were me I would go turbos as well.

When you get done with that thing post up a vid of it :D

Back