Jumper T18 Compatible with XM+ firmware question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lion1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I am just getting into FPV and recently purchased an iFlight Nazgul5 V2 LED edition for my first drone. It came with the XM+ receiver and iFlight has it flashed from the factory to 2.X.X firmware. My radio is going to be a Jumper T18. I confirmed that both the receiver and the Jumper are the FCC firmware edition and not the EU version so I should be good there. My main question is if the Jumper built in JP5in1 module will bind with the 2.X.X firmware that the XM+ has flashed onto it or will I have to downgrade the firmware to a different version that the Jumper support. The Jumper says it supports FRSky D6 and D18 protocols but i cannot find what firmware of these receivers it supports. I really do not want to have to downgrade because I researched the topic and it involves de-soldering the receiver and making a wire that connect from the XM+ into the pins in the jumper module bay. My soldering iron does not have a removable tip so i don't want to break anything by getting solder all over the place. I have been into RC cars for about 8 years not so I have a bunch of servo wires I could probably use to downgrade the firmware but it would be a big hassle and i would like to avoid it if possible. Do you know if the Jumper T18 supports the FrSky 2.X.X firmware?

Thank you so much i can't seem to figure this out!

there's a time in this hobby when you need the correct tool to do the job (solder iron)sure I can go way over on some things(i have no less than 15 solder irons a few old 1s need to be heated with butane torch and many new age 1s my best i a solder iron I paid 16$ bac in the day (1981)and built it myself(heath kit 90 watt max with a 3 setting dial 30-60-90 along with a container of re-tip..servo extension wires are cheap so go on amazon and pick up a bag of 10..
8" or 25mm..unsure what protocal that radio has so this might be a buy and test or call out to others in your area with rc see if some 1 has the the receiver you want to buy

Back