Jr Xs3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been thinking hard about the JR XS3 (75mhz FM synth radio). I'd really like to buy a radio once and not switch back later for something better.

I've heard nothing but good things about this radio. I read the review on rccaraction.com and I read your comments on similar posts about it. I can't find any reason not to make this my radio. The whole synth thing has me hooked and it appears to have a lot of nice features it shares with the XR3.

I want to put it in a 1/8 scale buggy. I don't think the 85oz metal gear steering servo will work well in a buggy for racing. My gut says I'm going to have to upgrade to 100oz or better.

Can anyone think of a good reason not to get the JR XS3 (aside from a steering servo)?

Also, the lowest price I can find on this radio is $239. Is that the rock-solid, bottom-line price or do you guys know of a place I can grab one for cheaper?

-rob

I got mine locally for $209. Where did you check for it? I'll see if I can dig up a site that has em cheaper. I can tell you Rob that this will be one purchase that you wont regret. Especially if you start to race when you get your buggy.

I'll see what I can find. Most places have em for 239, but sometimes you can get em for a little less.

I found one here http://www.littleshopofhobbies.com/temaxx8.htm for $209.00. It is located down the page a bit. I personally have never used this vendor, but depending on shipping vs paying tax locally it might be worth it, if you can find it locally for that price.

Last edited:
I got it for $199 plus tax at my lhs. Call Elite Hobby Shop I think they do shipping, but after the shipping and tax, I dont know how much it will be.

The only reason I would not buy this radio is because it does not come with digital servos. :yes: This radio is awesome. I cannot find anything except its a little difficult to get used to all the settings if you have never used a radio with all those settings. Some of them are harder to set than other radios. End points for example is adjusted by setting a number. The higher the number, the further the travel of the servo. On my friends Airtronics, I dont know which model, he just has to turn the wheel or pull the throttle and hit a button and the end point is set. A lot easier.

Mike

Hey rob that little shop of hobbies is about 15 min. away from me if you can't find it local to you and if he charges alot for shipping I could see how much I could ship it for then maybee I could get it and ship it to you

digital servos would take it out of the 200 price range, so for the price and what you get, it is hard to beat right now. It does take a little getting used to, but with the manuals help and a little time its all good

I would love digital servos. This radio is almost or as fast as the Futaba 3pk when used with digital servos.

I've had the JR Xs3 now for about 2-3 weeks and have yet to use the darn thing. It sure is a pretty paper weight.

Man I gotta get this savage put back together :D

-WoodiE

Damn WoodiE. How could you sit on new toys like that. The first thing I do when i get a new toy is bust it out and play. I get all excited to buy it, and then take it home to have it sit? Naw man. I couldn't do it. Too much temptation to play with it.