Job At LHS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarant

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Whoo:banana:, I am so happy.
I walked into my lhs to get a few things and I started talking to one of the guys that works their, and we go to talking about working their and he called down the manager and they handed me a appl.
Said we dont have a postion open yet but they are looking to replace someone (I know it sounds mean but this is the third person they have hired and this is the third person who has not right being in a hobby shop they have no clue what to do). What is really cool is the hobby shop is 20 min walk away, every day is casual, all the employees are awsome, Plus it is a Hobby shop and Bike shop. Both things I love.
I can't wait.

Hey, good for you, man! Congratulations on the job!

Now, start spreading that employee discount love or I'll have to write your manager a letter claiming you sniff CA when no one's looking and skim the register!

Monkey Wrench said:
Now, start spreading that employee discount love or I'll have to write your manager a letter claiming you sniff CA when no one's looking and skim the register!

LOL Ill second on that letter.

Congrats on the possible job,That's going to be awesome,now don't let working on r/c's and being around the hobby 24-7 get to your r/c's at home.

Yea, I third that....my discount sucks, lol.
It gets a little old after a while...just dealing with all the noobs...but I suppose I have it worse since it's a hobbytown usa as opposed to a little, local shop...

Tarant said:
(I know it sounds mean but . .

Bullshit, thats not mean thats opportunity, take advantage. This is a dog eat dog world bro, when someone puts food in your face you better eat it before someone else does.

Good Luck!

SMaxxin said:
Bullshit, thats not mean thats opportunity, take advantage. This is a dog eat dog world bro, when someone puts food in your face you better eat it before someone else does.

Good Luck!

I could find no better way too say that.

In this day and age one mans loss is another mans gain..

Thanks Guys, I will keep that in mind.

I like this hobby shop, I get along with all the guys, it also has a lot of other stuff in it. Bikes, all kinds of models, rockets, planes, trains, and they have a RC flight simulator that you can play through out the day which is pretty cool. So if RC nOOb's get on my nerves I can just go to a different area and work.
I am not sure what the discount is, I have herd it is %10, But I am not sure I dont want to be asking that before I get the job.

HAHA! I know **THAT** hobby shop and it kicks ass Tarant, good for you! :D I hate driving all the way to Medford but sometimes I have to as the LHS out here usually doesn't have parts. Maybe cya there someday!

Good for you Tarant, The first two things in getting a job is

1) To like the job
2) To like the people you work with

And it sounds like you got those too covered well, Good luck, and have a ball.

Congrats on your new job so did you get your position. hope you like it

NvNitro said:
Good for you Tarant, The first two things in getting a job is

1) To like the job
2) To like the people you work with

And it sounds like you got those too covered well, Good luck, and have a ball.

Well crap, NvNitro! I'm 0-for-2 in that department! Now what?

Monkey Wrench said:
Well crap, NvNitro! I'm 0-for-2 in that department! Now what?

Looks like were tied brotha!

just woundering to you get discounts for working there?

I am going back this week to see if i got the job, Yeah I get a discount, not sure how much, and i dont think I get it right away i have to work there for a few months to get a discount.