jeep-like roll cage for TMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbuckley79

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an HPI Jeep Rubicon body for my 3.3 Maxx 4908. the body is lacking the realistic full rollcage that new Wranglers have. Does anyone make a bolt on roll cage that looks close to a real Jeep Wrangler? If one is not available to purchase, do any of you Macgyvers out there have any design ideas?

Nick

I have an HPI Jeep Rubicon body for my 3.3 Maxx 4908. the body is lacking the realistic full rollcage that new Wranglers have. Does anyone make a bolt on roll cage that looks close to a real Jeep Wrangler? If one is not available to purchase, do any of you Macgyvers out there have any design ideas?

Nick
ask NCNITRO, hes our design guru and he loves jeeps

Nick

Hey off the subject (SORRY) how do you like the 4908?

love it

I love it, the 4908. the drive train is much more durable and once it's tuned right(which is quite difficult in Florida heat and humidity) it will catwalk forever. It climbs anything and usually lands upright

ask NCNITRO, hes our design guru and he loves jeeps

LOL, yeah, I do love Jeeps.

The Rubicon body has a roll cage styled like the one Lara Croft had on the Rubicon in tombraider. It's also a similar cage to the ones on earlier Jeeps, CJ7s, and YJs up until 92 when they went from that sport bar style to the family bar with the three point seat belts for rear seat passengers. You could fab up a roll cage from tube styrene and attach it to the lid, but it would be more of just an appearance thing rather than funtional, and the sport bars would still be there.

A few years ago there was a guy who used to sell a full roll cage in the shape of a Jeep for t-Maxxes on evilbay, but I have not seen one of those in a long time.

If you like rc Jeeps check out my Jeep tuber build thread in the projects forum, or my CJ8 Axial pics in the crawler forum.