Jconcepts tire life

• Thread starter Vanilla Gorilla
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Vanilla Gorilla

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Jconcepts tires?

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/sprinter-22-buggy-rear

These are R2 medium soft compound "long wear". I have heard "racers" (online) say they have to replace tires every 2-3 races. I will be running a few 1/10 brushless 4WD buggies on a packed clayish oval (in the tropics), so I am in the market for pin/block-type tires. I will not be racing professionally, just want to turn laps with the kids. How long will these last going around left turns with slight skidding if I were to use them about 2-3 hours a week? Also, if anyone is running these tires, what is the total outer diameter when mounted to a 2.2" wheel?

Any other cheap, hard-wear pin tires that will fit a Jconcepts 9-shot 2.2 Wheel?

Thanks

tntpoof

Forgot more than most will ever know!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
DD's sure about 3 years running on stock truck 19turn back in the days. when 17.5 came out about 6 months weekly race about 3 races a week.no square pins always liked jc's

Vanilla Gorilla

RC Newbie
Reaction score
DD's sure about 3 years running on stock truck 19turn back in the days. when 17.5 came out about 6 months weekly race about 3 races a week.no square pins always liked jc's
Even 6 months is not too bad, sounds like upping the motor sprocket size can stretch life. Were you using greens? I can't find reds anywhere, greens everywhere, blues some places, but no reds. The track I am building is in a tropical country, and will be hard clay, but probably will be in the sun sometimes in 65-90F heat. Will greens just melt?