jb weld

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxbasher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my fuel tank was leaking yesterday morning so i took it off found the crack and put jb weld on it....has anyone ever tried this b4 and do u think it will last? i just did a pressure test on the tank and it seems to be working so far(fingers crossed)

JB Weld will pop off a smooth surface if the part flexes. If you scuffed the area before applying, it will hold a lot better.

Give it a shot and let us know how it holds up.

well i just put 2tanks of fuel through the maxx with jb weld holding the fuel tank together and no leaks yet,so if nothing else i guess ya know it will get ya by until your lhs can get a new tank in for ya

It might make a difference on the plastic the manufacturer uses for the tank as well. I've had JB weld work on a maxx tank for a while and on a LST2 tank, but for some reason, the stuff would not stick to a xxx-nt tank. Within a few minutes, the vibration would pop it off like a chip. That was after using DA to clean the tank, lightly sanding, more DA, applying JB weld. Just wouldn't stick.

If I were to try anything, I'd go for a 2 part epoxy that's made for plastic.. I would imagine it would hold better

+1 for 2 part epoxy for plastic.

in the grand scheme of things,,,, any of these miracle cures cost $5 ect..... just buy a new damn tank from ebay.

i already ordered a new tank,my lhs didnt have them in stock so i used jb weld to tie me over until my tank came in

12 tanks of fuel and the jb weld is still holding strong,its great stuff!!!! my new tank came in today but i think I'm gonna keep the old one on just to see how long it lasts

right on man, let us know how long it lasts

Cool.

I sealed up the exhaust can seams on my Baja's with JB Weld and so far it's holding up great.