JB Weld my carb?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Havin troble keepin my carb tight. Iv been using permatx ultra copper to seal and hold it but it only lasts afew tanks. A new carb is 70$ or so and id rathaer put that towards a new engine. Sooo should i JB it on there? I mean is there anything to worry about other than not getting if off?as long as it holds and dosent leak, id be happy!

You can also buy just a carb body and swap over the parts but as long as you're good with the fact that youll probably never get the carb off again I would go for it...Just make sure to use the multimetal stuff and clean everything up good prior to glueing and assembling with rubbing alchohol..Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks, ya i think I'm just gona JB it. Sick of it leakin and turning!

What is your issue? Not sure if HPI is running a composite carb with aluminum insert for the neck or not. If it's composite/aluminum neck, if it's spinning on the neck, I don't think you will get jb weld to stick to the composite very well.

If it's an all aluminum carb, what's up with your cinch bolt? Once I wrench one down, it never moves.

Iv tried almost everything to get it to hold. JB is "worst case senario" w/o buying a new carb. No matter how tight u screw the cinch, the cArb will still be loose. Hopefully she holds up!

JB weld will hold. And you can get it off... just not easily and more than likely will cause damage to the carb.

I JB welded one on a long time ago. Kind of a last ditch effort to get a poor running engine to run better. I installed an OS carb on it after I had milled down the neck. Well, after milling it down, the neck was really thin and I was afraid it would crack if I tightened the cinch down. Held for quite a while. Ran better, but not better enough for me to continue running it. Kind of glad that LHS went out of business... all they handed out were high prices and really bad advice. (advised getting that engine... and a t-maxx over a savage...)

Sorry... went off on a tangent there. ;)

Haha, its all good. As long as i can get it to last the rest of the summer here, ill be happy!!

Back