I've lost compression

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiexl59

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i thort it was the gears in the backing plate but it is worse.does anyone know wots wrong?there is alittle compression but not much.

You could have a loose head or a loose back plate.

every thing is tight.is there a hole in my piston?is it easy to put a new piston in?

every thing is tight.is there a hole in my piston?is it easy to put a new piston in?

Ya you don't have any compression and if I was you I would just rebuild the engine becuase now your sleeve is allready worn a little and then you will have a brand new piston. Its very easy to change a piston and sleeve, remove the backplate and the exhaust manifold. Take a zip tie and put it in the exhaust hole(Make sure that your piston is at the bottom), place the zip tie in the exhaust hole and then rotate the piston up. The sleeve will then begin the slide up. Once there is enough sleeve where you can take it out by have remove the zip tie and pull the sleeve out. Once you have the sleeve out take the piston rod off the crankshaft and it will come out. Thats how you remove the piston and sleeve.

thanx for ur help buddy.how often do u have to rebuild motors?puttin it back together easy?no special tips?i guess il get instructions with the piston hey?

how often do u have to rebuild motors? It depends on a lot of things

puttin it back together easy? Yes

no special tips? Nope, just be careful that you get the piston and sleeve in the right way round

i guess il get instructions with the piston hey? Not sure

thanx guys for the advice.just one more question,any tips on tuning in 3rd gear? someone told me 3rd gear has to be wound tight on the shaft.the book says turn anticlockwise for earlier shift and clockwise for later shift.so far I've turned it nearly one full turn (all up)anti clock wise.am i goin the write way?

No I really don't rebuild them often its just really easy. Putting it back together will take you probably no more then 20minutes.

Back