It's HPI, but what vehicle model?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevy-SS

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can anybody tell me what model this is?

A buddy of mine wanted some help getting his on-road HPI vehicle started. We never did get it started but the engine only has 10psi (I have a compression guage), so I figure it's time for a new piston and sleeve. Here's a pic of the vehicle:

3469HPI2.jpg

Don't laugh please, but I have no idea what model this is. I have all off-road trucks and buggies, so I don't pay much attention to the on-road stuff. The engine is a .15. Can anybody tell me what model this is and what piston/sleeve I would need? Also, does anyone know what the typical cranking compression might be for a .15 HPI engine?

Gracias

Last edited:
Definitely the RS4 rtr 3 but it may be the EVO as it has the T-15 engine in it.

Thanks for info gents. Here's a better pic of just the engine. Is this the .15fe or the T-15?

Thanks again

3469Engine.jpg

its the T-15 m8ty

dame 1 min late lol

no i dont think so .also r u sure it needs a new 1 mine has very little comression and it run great

u need part number 15110

Thanks for the tip, and for the part number. It really does not have much resistance when you crank the engine over, even with a glow plug installed. However, based on what you say I will look harder and see if it may be something like an air leak.