It's HERE!!! Losi LST2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOoSmOotH

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
zbvFAs3.jpg

Wewt wewt

Really dude really! All we get is a pic of the box

You tease

lol.. I got more coming :) I had to go back to work so its sitting still in my garage.

Lmao, musta been eatin you alive inside all day

That it has. Battery is charging and gas is mixed. Now it is overcast and thundering. Also charging the battery on the good camera for some good pics vs cell phone.

Newtons law lol,can't wait to see/here some hands on stuff

Now it is officially raining!!!!! ugh!

What, you get the XXL-2 and you post a picture of just the box AND then you just leave the truck in the garage. Get on the ball man! :D

Well I got to work to pay for these damn expensive gassers. :)

Ok.. Looks like break in won't begin until tomorrow as it is raining. I did snap some pictures though. My workspace is a bit messy but the original plan was to take pictures outside but since it is raining....

Here are some with the body off.

on7k4AW.jpg

LXgGdek.jpg

9v3jwpc.jpg

aZMh7Sx.jpg

Zd6fEdF.jpg

Next to an XXL that I converted to electric:

N4FBj3x.jpg

O5MraGT.jpg

juw4LKC.jpg

ey04w6a.jpg

QfgM6NI.jpg

Next to a Savage Octane:

vM4h23o.jpg

Next to my E-Maxx:

LRhtyRK.jpg

sMPwGnt.jpg

hQ8RRCq.jpg

ykvjI2d.jpg

Next to a 5th scale:

nrweus6.jpg

I got the first tank through tonight. Breaking in these gassers is tough.. That tank lasted forever. I hate the battery setup though and I lost the steering channel in the receiver. Thank goodness it wasn't the throttle channel. Just stopped working. The servos still worked because I can put it in the throttle port and the wheels turn back and forth. Going to bind another radio I have tomorrow and see what that does otherwise I am yanking it and sending it to Losi. Might be that AVC garbage.

I ordered a balance plug extension as I am going to charge the lipo in the truck. removing the screws every time is not really an option. That is my only complaint so far. (besides the radio problems)

This thing sounds and feels just like a nitro. I can't tell the difference between it and a normal nitro motor except for the smell. This thing just want to rip and I can't wait until I have it broken in to let it do its thing. As far as how it compares to the Savage Octane they are both not broken in so its hard to say. I have to say so far I like them both and the fuel economy is legit. Cheaper fuel + longer run times = WIN!

Toosmooth, you bought a Savage Octane AND a LST XXL2 within a week of each other? That's rock star status in my book.
You're not a married man I take it?
punish-1.gif

I'm looking forward to more of your reviews, I'm still undecided on which one I want ( I only get to choose one cuz I am married)
641-1.gif

I'm kind of leaning towards the XXL2. Looks like I could swap out the Dynamite engine for one of my nitro big blocks if I ever grew tired of the gasser? Is that accurate? I don't see that happening but it is a nice option to have.:D

Toosmooth, you bought a Savage Octane AND a LST XXL2 within a week of each other? That's rock star status in my book.

Most certainly rock star status!

Once you get both the XXL-2 and Octane broken in I'd love to hear your pro's and con's for both trucks.

I am married.... for now. :) I didn't plan on getting the Octane but they had it at the hobby store and I got a good deal on both. I have been thinning the herd in preparation for these trucks and now I will have to thin it a bit more to compensate. :)

The Losi would require a different engine mount but it looks like you can toss a big block in there if you wanted. Although I have said this in other threads once you make the jump to gas nitro becomes a distant memory. My neighbor who is big into RC as well asked me last night I thought you were getting a gas powered truck when I was breaking it in. He couldn't tell the difference. The octane is a bit of a different story in that regard though as there is no question it is different by looking at it.

It is very hard remaining patient during the break in because of the fuel efficiency. Driving in figure eights for 30 minutes is no fun heh. I will take some vids of them both running at the same time when I can bash them. @WoodiE know any good bashing spots between Cincy and Lexington? You could get a live view of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Tanks down on the break in. These longs tanks are killing me. Right now the edge is to the Losi just because I can't drive the Octane many places due to the ridiculous amount of noise it makes.

The losi hasn't shifted yet but I am still running it pretty fat. I actually had to lean it a little bit more just to keep it going today during the second tank.

I'm going to be watching this thread closely , I'm back to being in decided on which one to go with.
to me the losi looks better on paper and seems to come with better equipment.

Still haven't gotten another tank through this thing. I did get the savage fixed though. Going to try to get 2 tanks through in the morning.