Its been a while, I'm Back, I was distracted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 Bad STi

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Its been a while, I'm Back, I was distracted.

Need a few things for my truck but wanted to get your insight.

Truck is pretty built as it stands:

Original SS kit
SH 28 p&p
Twisted Toy ext/lcg 1.5"
etc....

Need a few maintainence parts:

People still running the Ofna linkage kit mod or is their something better out there?

What is a excellent brake set-up? HPI dual disc currently is worn and fades.

17mm+ wheels worth it? WIll they be stronger than my beadlocks and mulchers?

I've been distracted with my new toy:

DSC_0388.jpg

Also need a good receiver pack!

Last edited:
Wow and all this time I thought you were a guy. Welcome back.

Always black out your license plate when posting your car.
The last thing you want is someone tracking down you address and visiting your girl when your not home or knowing where your nice car spend its lonely nights.

OK 2 WRX owners... Blazer you got competition man!! Nice ride man. The car is pretty sweet too.

As for the Savage, if you have the ofna lMP servo saver and the linkages, you might as well stick with it. If you just have the linkages than I would add those to th e New Cam type servo saver that HPI has now.

If you go 17mm THe Savage X Warlock rims to fit onto the 17mm hub.

Last edited:
So... which is the new ride? The chick or the car?

As for the savage, I'm still running the OFNA mod and I prefer the stock disk with a high torque throttle servo. Minimal fade and you don't get that noisy brake chatter.

olds97_lss said:
So... which is the new ride? The chick or the car?

As for the savage, I'm still running the OFNA mod and I prefer the stock disk with a high torque throttle servo. Minimal fade and you don't get that noisy brake chatter.

The car:cheerful: , Goin again with the Ofna set up w/ a aluminium futaba servo arm. I'm also going to get my TVP's chrome dipped.

olds97_lss said:
That should make it jump better... ;)

Your finished with school now right? Get a job doing what you went to school for yet?

jump better , eh?

you wanna have a good old fashion jumping contest?

truck is finally going, man its like already nov.

Almost... I'll have to drag your butt to Elgin and break stuff at the BMX track if it warms up. I'll probably make it out for a bit this weekend. Supposed to get up to 50 both days. Although, that's a bit cool to run my new axial. It only has about 1/2 gallon through it and it's still tight.

Found any decent bashing spots up in Rockford? You still in Rockford?

elgin is tooooo far.

ya I'm in rockford. i dunno about any good spots right now

Yeah, it's about 50 minutes for me, but it's been worth the drive. I can spend about 4 hours there of constant bashing without getting bored. And that's when bashing alone.

Back