It's a Jeep Thing...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I used to have a 1990 Wrangler YJ, and like an idiot sold it before moving to NY. I missed it a lot and when I came across a pretty good deal on a 89 YJ Wrangler I decided to pick it up and start building all over again.

It has a new cylinder head, new Weber carb, complete new exhaust system, new fuel pump. It came with an extra exhaust system as well, including the pipe from the exhaust manifold to the cat, the cat, and two mufflers, all nib. Also came with two bikinis, a gray one, and a brand nib black one. The rims and tires are also brand new, they had zero miles on them when I got it, American Racig Bajas, and Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX tires. He also gave me a brand new in the box set of stainless steel black powder coated windshield mounted mirrors, so that when you take the doors off you are still legal. It has a little rust here and there, but with a Jeep it's easy enough to just replace the bad section, especially since I work for a welder.

So here it is, my 89 YJ.

Picture055.jpg

Picture053.jpg

WOW, it looks really beautiful! I'm sure it will soon look even better. I wish you the best of luck with it, and your new sneakers.

Thanks Rolex, I am stoked to have a Jeep again! Now I can use it to go shop for some new shoes, lol.

Wow, I know how big of a purchase that is to a jeep guy like you, and especially one who has been walking. A lot of people in new york say they don't need a car, I think they're absolutely wrong and they have no clue about the joys of our lifestyle. I wish you the best of luck, Joe, and I'm glad that I was able to contribute to such a nice ride (by having you paint so much for me lol). Good luck with the whole process!

Now your shoes will last A LOT longer.

yeah i got bit a couple years ago when i bought my 06 tj and now my wallet is always empty and saving up for the next thing just takes way too long.

but glad to see you got back into it.

tread lightly and dont forget to wave

oh and if your looking for a forum with great people much like this one jeepforum.com is the place to go lots of info and people know just about everything needed to figure out problems

Last edited:
Nice Jeep. I like Wranglers but I woudnt want one for a daily. Especially with a soft top. They are way too noisy. At least it does have full doors though, thats a definite plus.

sweet ride and congrats.

so what hop ups do you have planned for it?

dont forget to wave

oh and if your looking for a forum with great people much like this one jeepforum.com is the place to go lots of info and people know just about everything needed to figure out problems

Ah yes, the wave, my wife still thinks its funny after being with me for 14 years with my 90 that every wrangler owner waves to each other. She just don't get it.

I have spent MANY hours reading thread after thread at Jeepforum.com Lots of great info there. I need to join up there now that I am back in a Jeep where I belong.

Nice Jeep. I like Wranglers but I woudnt want one for a daily. Especially with a soft top. They are way too noisy. At least it does have full doors though, thats a definite plus.

Yeah, I had my 90 YJ for 14 years before I sold it, a Jeep is by no means a luxury ride but ya gotta love em anyway. Any long distance trips will be done in my wifes Liberty.

sweet ride and congrats.

so what hop ups do you have planned for it?

What don't I have planned for it, lol.

Actually the first thing I am going to do is fix any rust before it gets any worse. Then the first real hop up will be a lift kit so I can get some big rubber underneath it.

is that a I6?

if not put a v8 in that thing and it'll throw that jeep around

yeah there is no sense in starting out with a 4 banger not enough power to move 32's let alone anything bigger

i've seen a couple with the ls engines in them

I'm leaning at putting a v8 in mine after i get a few miles on mine nothing sounds better then the rumble of a v8

It's got the 258 4.2L I6 I wouldn't have bought it if it had a 4 banger.

I had the same engine in my 90 YJ, and it had no problem pushing my Bfg 33s around.

It's got the 258 4.2L I6 I wouldn't have bought it if it had a 4 banger.

well 6 is better than 4. but 8 is better than 6. and if u got the technology and $20,000 to spend on a motor, then drop a viper motor in it.

That is a sweet score bro.Love that generation. I almost got one for HS graduation.Dumb me wanted a ford. I particularly love the bikini top especially for the summer. Does it come with the sound bar up top?

Nope, no sound bar, but it has speaker pods that fit around the lower half of the roll bar in the back seat, it actually has a halfway decent stereo in it. Hell, it even came with a cb good buddy, lol.

That is cool!! Makes me want to get one. I even like the 4 door version. They look like a sporty Hummer. Actually they do look better than those lame H3 or H3's.

Any plans for this baby?

I know why everyone loves the Wranglers. I bought 2007 JK and love it but am having to sell it to help get rid of some excess bills. I think I will get another one somewhere down the road.