It has arrived! SCX24 Deadbolt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Doom! inspired me to get back to work on my driver. This is head #3. Kept shrinking the print down til it finally looked right. Painted his body up as well.
View attachment 131863
View attachment 131864

Also printed up some fender flares and trimmed the opening to match. I ran out of black filament so I printed them in gray and will just dye them black with Rit dye.
View attachment 131865
View attachment 131866

With the cage on, Deadpool wanted a selfie
View attachment 131867
View attachment 131868
See you got a fire lite under your seat 🤣🤣🤣 Deadpool look awesome WELL DONE BUD👍👍 nice selfie.. those stand with the adjustment arms. Are so sweet 😍😍 and those mud slingers are bad as* man

Lookin good bro!
Thanks. I just noticed the C10's come with tires with a better tread pattern, but they are about 1/4" shorter. So I need to find some tires the same diameter but softer with better tread. If I cut the body up on that one my boy is gonna flip out lol. Anyone have any suggestions? I plan to widen the track 8mm and would like some tires that are a bit wider.

Thanks. I just noticed the C10's come with tires with a better tread pattern, but they are about 1/4" shorter. So I need to find some tires the same diameter but softer with better tread. If I cut the body up on that one my boy is gonna flip out lol. Anyone have any suggestions? I plan to widen the track 8mm and would like some tires that are a bit wider.
Whats the the width on those murders? I will look around for some crawler wheels for ya.. You could always round off the inside edge of them take off that big tip with grinder or dremel.. you could also run without the foam insert..if the tire is a harder rubber take out foam be like letting out the air in a 1.1 scale...

Whats the the width on those murders? I will look around for some crawler wheels for ya.. You could always round off the inside edge of them take off that big tip with grinder or dremel.. you could also run without the foam insert..if the tire is a harder rubber take out foam be like letting out the air in a 1.1 scale...
They are about .675" wide and 1.9" diameter with 1.0" bead. But looking for something a little wider, like .800"-.900" or so while keeping the OD under 2".

Looks like the RC4WD Rock Creepers might do.

Last edited:
They are about .675" wide and 1.9" diameter with 1.0" bead. But looking for something a little wider, like .800"-.900" or so while keeping the OD under 2".

Looks like the RC4WD Rock Creepers might do.
I will do a search for ya and see what's out there

I will do a search for ya and see what's out there
I think these might work...
Screenshot_20210901-171347_Chrome.jpg

Oh nice man those look sweet and got some good tread to them as well👍👍👍
I want each of the trucks to have different crawling characteristics. So I think those will be great. The Mud Slingers are really tall. These would be close to stock, but fat. And hopefully I won't have to trim anything, especially the cool looking bumper. I just love the front end on the gray C10. And I am a Ford guy lol.
Axial-Racing-SCX24-1967-Chevrolet-C10-RTR-1.jpg

I want each of the trucks to have different crawling characteristics. So I think those will be great. The Mud Slingers are really tall. These would be close to stock, but fat. And hopefully I won't have to trim anything, especially the cool looking bumper. I just love the front end on the gray C10. And I am a Ford guy lol.
View attachment 131916
Dude thats a sweet looking rug!! Can't believe I didn't see this last night.. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ yeah that front end is sweet nice and clean.. and would definitely look good with the wider tire stance on it... hell yeah!!!

Dude thats a sweet looking rug!! Can't believe I didn't see this last night.. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ yeah that front end is sweet nice and clean.. and would definitely look good with the wider tire stance on it... hell yeah!!!
Yeah, it is probably my favorite Chevy truck. The bad thing is, even the stock tires are close to rubbing. So any bigger tires will require trimming. Any wider track width will likely require a little trimming. So I may end up raising the body a mm or 3.

Yeah, it is probably my favorite Chevy truck. The bad thing is, even the stock tires are close to rubbing. So any bigger tires will require trimming. Any wider track width will likely require a little trimming. So I may end up raising the body a mm or 3.
Hell yeah put a body lift on it.. man do they make longer shocks for it? Like a suspension lift ?🤔🤔

Hell yeah put a body lift on it.. man do they make longer shocks for it? Like a suspension lift ?🤔🤔
Not sure. Pat said he hasn't found any shocks as good as the stock ones. So I don't plan on changing them. I could always print some shock mounts to drop them down a couple mm.