Issues with Firefox?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
It's been unbearably slow for almost a week. I even called Comcast, thinking I was having an internet issue.
I've re-booted the modem, they checked their signals, They reset it from their end, I've done the speed test and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Mozilla Firefox. Even the program is slow to open even before trying to access a site. It's almost 10 seconds to open anything where it used to be incredibly quick.
I tried out Chrome last night, but in less than a half hour I had a full page "Scareware" that I couldn't remove without doing the Ctrl-alt-del. So much for Chrome.
Right now I'm trying Comodo Ice Dragon and so far I'm really liking it. Anyone else have it?
Here's the page I got through Chrome. It also gives me a chance to see if Firefox was the reason I was having problems posting pics, lately.
Virus.jpg

I just did an update on fire fox and it seems to be working fine for me.

The address bar in the current top tab is "data:text" which is consistent with a browser hijack installed on your computer. I'd suggest booting into safe mode and scanning the computer with Malwarebytes and/or AdwCleaner.

The address bar in the current top tab is "data:text" which is consistent with a browser hijack installed on your computer. I'd suggest booting into safe mode and scanning the computer with Malwarebytes and/or AdwCleaner.
I ran Malwarebyes as well as Avast last night. Neither one found a virus or a browser hijack.

It's being hijacked. Chrome is just fine, as long as you don't visit dodgy websites.

They're attempting to hijack. The newer versions of Firefox also sandbox stuff like chrome does.

My chrome won't stream Pandora or netflix anymore without pausing every 5 seconds. IE works fine though. Chrome still streams HD from youtube fine also. Only netflix and pandora seem to be affected. Pretty strange.

It might be a recently added extension to your browser.

I'm also having good luck with Chromium-based Vivaldi.

I'm surprised you're having so many issues with chrome @Rolex I've never had a problem with it in my time of using it. There are however issues now with many gaming/3D plugins which could be used on some websites- they've basically dropped all support for them.

Back