Issues with esc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopers87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Hi guys could you tell me if this looks correct or not as esc won’t stop flickering red when on and it won’t let me calibrate throttle inputs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 63
Hi guys could you tell me if this looks correct or not as esc won’t stop flickering red when on and it won’t let me calibrate throttle inputs.

I had the same issue with my slash ,the problem was not in the ESC ,it was actually in the receiver an the ESC was sensing
it causing the light to flicker & shut everything down!
My receiver antenna wire got damaged!

Ah that might be it then as I have tried resetting everything else, you know of a cheap universal 3 Channel receiver that’ll work with my current transmitter.

Ah that might be it then as I have tried resetting everything else, you know of a cheap universal 3 Channel receiver that’ll work with my current transmitter.

What with mine is ,I have a ton of RC's ,but some of them don't have radio gear ,so I took the receiver out of my slash to
put in another ride ,the Traxxas receivers have a metal sleeve over part of the antenna ,when I removed it ,I tried just to
pull the antenna out of the radio box hole rather than take the cover off ,I had damaged the antenna .well ,a year later
I put it back in to use it ,I was stumped until I remembered that I pulled it out ,I was scared that the ESC was damaged .
but thank God it wasn't!

I had put another radio set up in it ,that is how I figured out what was wrong!

You might have to get a hole new radio set up depending on what radio brand you have ,some receivers
dont interchange or bind with each other ,I have to buy another Traxxas receiver to put mine back to original!

Just have the original ansmann w6 transmitter it came with, didn’t want to buy a second hand receiver to find the same issues m, but will have to try find another one I suppose.
Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Just have the original ansmann w6 transmitter it came with, didn’t want to buy a second hand receiver to find the same issues m, but will have to try find another one I suppose.
Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Radio gear is way cheaper to replace than a brushless ESC ,it would have cost me at least a hondo to replace my ESC ,
I am glad that it was only the receiver!

Some of the ESC's are like a brain ,they have a lot of different sensors in them an can detect anything wrong an shut
down!

You might can get a new radio set up for about $ 40 bucks ,I had the Flysky set up that came with 2 rec.'s for $ 37.00!