Is thier any tricks for making a T-maxx shell stronger??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightning1

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
All of my T-maxx shells get killed at the backend does anyone know of any tricks that can make the backend a bit more sturdy..?
I know you can get a cage to fit under the shell but apart from that anything else.
CHeers Andy

get a body from proline it is .060 of an inch thick. I think the stock t-maxx body is .040

I'm working on making up a roll bar out of aluminum to help solve that problem on my maxx

If you're just looking for a way to keep the body from cracking and tearing, there's 2 simple things you need. Mesh drywall tape and Shoo Goo. Stick a layer of the mesh tape around the inside of the part of the body you want to reinforce. Then just cover it with a thin layer of shoo goo. Both are very flexible so they'll give under impact but it will help to keep the body from cracking or splitting.

A roll bar and a wheelie bar helped with mine.

something that would be cool would be a truck body made out of fiberglass or aluminum. Like take the the body you want and just mold it to the plastic body shape you have. I bet a company would make lots on that, but for those who want to keep everything light probly not a good idea.

Last edited:
Heere are some pics of an aluminum body that I made a while back.

Attachments

• Alum body 480.jpg
    Alum body 480.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 85
  • body 480.jpg
    body 480.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Back