Is there a carb rebuilt kit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, kit with orings and tools to install.Traxxas.com parts list for the part #.

Could that be a reason why my truck was hard to tune? I'm waiting for my parts to arrive and hopefully my carb will be fine but it was hard to tune before.

Could be that, or an air leak at the carb neck/cinch bolt/HSN or backplate. Or a pinhole in the fuel line or a crack in the fuel tank or a bad tank seal.

Or the engine is worn out and needs re-pinched to get back compression.

Send it somewhere to get it done. That's if it needs it. Typically far cheaper than replacing the piston/sleeve or the entire engine.

The only real way to be sure is to take the engine completely apart and push the piston up into the sleeve and see if it goes clear to the top or even comes out the top a bit. That means when it heats up, the sleeve/piston fit is loose and your getting a lot of blow by which causes frequent flame outs, poor tuning, low power and high temps.

I had www.rayaracing.com do three of mine last spring and 2 out of the three still runs great after many many bash sessions (2+ gallons).

You can see my before/after photo's so you know what I'm talking about with the piston/sleeve:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56420&highlight=pinch

Which engine do you have? Pro 15, 2.5 , 2.5R or the 3.3??

traxxas front engine bearings are notorious for crapping out, its wat happens to me.

yes I just picked up a set of Boca ceramix and 2 sets of TKO's.I think the changes from the 2.5 to the 3.3 over stressed the bearings because the 3.3's eat bearings like candy.I just put the 2.5 from my first rc(TMAXX) into my Cybermax and it still runs great.I ripped in down to check it out before the instal.The thing sat with fuel in it for 6-8 months back when I first stated in RC.I had no idea how to tune the thing.Once I found out how much fun the baseball diamond was and the open park land I had the head smoking on a number of occasions(300+ temps).I let everone drive it including many kids.I ran it in mud,snow rain.Now I have a pretty good handle on the tuning,only run at the track,and I can not keep bearings in a 3.3 for more than a gallon.Some have only lasted 7 tank break in and 2 race weekends.Never temped over 260.I don't think the piston and sleeve wears as well either.I think they pushed it past what the old design can handle.We will see how the new high performance bearings work out.

What are the symptoms of a blown bearing? Besides complete mechanical failure. I don't think I've ever had one go out on me, except once in an OS when one of the balls in the rear bearing actually split in half.

What are the symptoms of a blown bearing? Besides complete mechanical failure. I don't think I've ever had one go out on me, except once in an OS when one of the balls in the rear bearing actually split in half.

for me the engine gets lean bogs terrible. you can have it at 6 TURNS! rich and it lean bogs. lean bogs about at second gear for me. it runs fine if you doing slow stuff like rock crawling and things, but once you get on it it lean bogs and kills the engine, no matter how rich you run it.