Is the HTRC C150 good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got it and it’s working really well so far, the fan is pretty loud but it moves tons of air. I have only charged a 1000 mAh NICD and storage charged a 5200 mAh lipo so far.
Does it read IRs?

Yes, I just found out from it that I need to dispose of my POVWAY lipo… the IRs are in the 10-13 range…
Depends on what you're using them in. As long as they arent puffing theyd be fine for a low power application (anything where they arent getting to hot) but yeah thats starting to get up there. Just make sure they arent puffing or getting over 130F and they should still be fine for awhile. Main thing you want to watch for is that the cells dont get to far apart from each other in terms of IR. If both of them have high IR but both IRs are within a couple/few mOhms of each other then its ok. Its just gonna have lower voltage sag and hit LVC quicker. The problem really come in when the two IRs start drifting far apart. That can make one cell discharge faster than the other and if the weaker cell goes too low but LVC doesn't kick in because the other cell is making up for the voltage difference then thats when it becomes a serious problem.

Glad it does IRs for ya. 👍

Last edited:
Depends on what you're using them in. As long as they arent puffing theyd be fine for a low power application (anything where they arent getting to hot) but yeah thats starting to get up there. Just make sure they arent puffing or getting over 130F and they should still be fine for awhile. Main thing you want to watch for is that the cells dont get to far apart from each other in terms of IR. If both of them have high IR but both IRs are within a couple/few mOhms of each other then its ok. Its just gonna have lower voltage sag and hit LVC quicker. The problem really come in when the two IRs start drifting far apart. That can make one cell discharge faster than the other and if the weaker cell goes too low but LVC doesn't kick in because the other cell is making up for the voltage difference then thats when it becomes a serious problem.

Glad it does IRs for ya. 👍
Yeah, the IRs are 13, 15, 17. Not the best, I will upgrade to CNHL LiPos eventually.

Yeah, the IRs are 13, 15, 17. Not the best, I will upgrade to CNHL LiPos eventually.
I havent tested any CNHLs yet but so far out of what I have tested Id take a seriously hard look at Liperior. Full data should be out tomorrow.

I havent tested any CNHLs yet but so far out of what I have tested Id take a seriously hard look at Liperior. Full data should be out tomorrow.
They seem decently priced but, they don’t have any hard cased lipos, I’m not that comfortable with a soft case lipo.

They seem decently priced but, they don’t have any hard cased lipos, I’m not that comfortable with a soft case lipo.
The numbers theyre putting out are impressive for the price but thats of course is up to you. :)

I bought a HTRC C150 battery charger some time ago.
Last time I discharged the 4S Lipo battery. After draining the battery, I saw a crackle and some smoke from the left side. I immediately turned off the charger. I took it apart and I can see that one of the component has gone bad. I want to get my good, smart and not cheap charger working again. What component is it inside the circle (brand, model, values)? I believe I can find a replacement for it at our electronics store. And would anyone have a wiring diagram for this charger so I can check the condition of the components.
Wishing you all the best and waiting for an answer, Rixy

20221127_134955.jpg

20221127_135016.jpg

20221127_135101.jpg

20221127_135204.jpg

I bought a HTRC C150 battery charger some time ago.
Last time I discharged the 4S Lipo battery. After draining the battery, I saw a crackle and some smoke from the left side. I immediately turned off the charger. I took it apart and I can see that one of the component has gone bad. I want to get my good, smart and not cheap charger working again. What component is it inside the circle (brand, model, values)? I believe I can find a replacement for it at our electronics store. And would anyone have a wiring diagram for this charger so I can check the condition of the components.
Wishing you all the best and waiting for an answer, Rixy

View attachment 156726

View attachment 156727

View attachment 156728

View attachment 156729
Highly doubtful you're going to find any wiring schematics for that charger out on the internet. The only way you might be able to figure out what the part number was is to desolder it from the board and hope it has some writing on the bottom side of it. More than likely you're looking at buying a new charger. If it comes to that Id recommend the HOTA D6 Pro