Is the Arrma Kraton 4x4 4S the best 1/10 scale 4x4 truck out there right now?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any that consistently seem to break more or less than the rest? Or any that you tend to grab first or put off when you wanna go bashing?
Sorry I missed this post, The Arrma Typhon 3s and the WL Toys cars are by the ones I have broken the most in the shortest amount of time, the Typhon always seems to break something on the front, drive shafts, a arms, steering knuckles, steering links and the last time I had it out I broke a screw that goes into the stub axle. The WL Toys vehicles couldn't even survive one pack around the rc track without destroying themselves on the included batteries. The 144001 bent both shock towers, a rear dog bone, rear hub and bent both cvds on the first pack, the second pack the motor burned up, the 12428 just handled like complete crap and would constantly turtle itself on every turn I tried to take one of the jumps at the track with it once and it was an utter failure.

The ones I grab the most are my LC Racing and the Vaterra Kalahari as I can fit all 3 of them in my backpack, then the spare parts, batteries and my transmitter in a laptop bag.

check out Tekno's MT410 monster truck. Nothing better !

The Armma K r a t o n (sorry for the spaces, but I had to because of spellchecking kept trying to correct it as “Keaton.”) is one of the best RC cars on the market right now. If your going to get one, why not go big and get it in 1/5 scale. Yes the K r a t o n has faced a lot of criticism from YouTube reviewers, but most if not all of those problems have been fixed by Armma through beta testing the vehicle and upgrades to the vehicle. Right now I am in the market for a new 1/5 scale buggy. My choices are either the 1/5 scale Losi DBXL-E or the 1/5 scale Armma K r a t o n. The only thing that really makes the Losi vehicle better is that it has a four pole motor while the Armma vehicle has a two pole motor. Choices, choices, choices!

see the 1/5 scale K r a t o n here:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...shless-speed-monster-truck-rtr/ARA110002.html

the 1/5 scale Losi DBXL-E here:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...-buggy-brushless-rtr-with-smart/LOS05020.html

let me know which you like better please.

Unless your asking Freelosophy I'm not sure you'll get a response since this thread is over a year old.

As for myself the Losi is a buggy and the Arrma is a truggy so whichever style you want more Id say get that kit.

I am still looking over my choices before I purchase Greywolf74. Thank you.

Did you ever get this car? With a single 3s battery, I don't believe you will be getting as good performance as dual 2S batteries.

I would say the Kraton 4s 4x4 or the Outcast 4x4 depending on which style you like best for cars around 400 bucks. My next car will be the Outcast. The Outcast is a stunt truck that wheelies all over the place and does backflips (literally). It has the same top speed as the Kraton but the Kraton has a longer wheelbase and will feel more stable and be able to control more. They both have a ton of upgrades to make them more durable. It all depends on what style you like or what you think you would like.

Back