Is the Arrma Kraton 4x4 4S the best 1/10 scale 4x4 truck out there right now?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Hey guys, I am in the market for a new RC trucks. I posted a few days ago and thanks to the two fellas that replied (thanks TNTPOOF and OUTCASTBLXNUT) I was introduced to the world of Arrma. Had never heard of them before. As I was reading up on the Granite and Typhon I stumbled across another thread where a guy was strongly considering a Granite, but wishing he could afford a Kraton. So I naturally went to check out the Kraton 4s and it seems pretty nice. Is there anything out there that I should be looking at instead? Is there anything about the Kratos 4S that I am missing? I have a pair of Traxxas 5000mah 3S battery packs that I plan to be using (the result of a misinformed purchase while trying to get my EMAXX going) will there be any issues with using these? Based on my reading it seems like the Kraton can run on a pair of 2S packs or a single 3S pack. Is that accurate? Also, I prefer to buy my RCs in kit form, not RTR. I like to put it together so I know how everything works and have a better base knowledge when it comes time to replace parts.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

tntpoof

RCNT Addict
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
the arrma isn't a 1/10 scale.now the battery plug is the thing. what kinda connector do these have? it is a good rc...

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
the arrma isn't a 1/10 scale.now the battery plug is the thing. what kinda connector do these have? it is a good rc...

Which Arrma is not a 1/10 scale?

My battery packs have the Traxxas connectors. I assume I will have to change them.out on whatever truck I get.

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Kraton 4s.. went with xt90 and never looked back.

Are you sure? The description on their website lists the Kraton 4S as a 1/10 scale.

I am.hesitant to change connectors on the battery packs because the charger has Traxxas connectors. They are recessed into the housing, so I would have to make adapters to IOT charge anything with a different connector.

Slick2500

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Are you sure? The description on their website lists the Kraton 4S as a 1/10 scale.

I am.hesitant to change connectors on the battery packs because the charger has Traxxas connectors. They are recessed into the housing, so I would have to make adapters to IOT charge anything with a different connector.
Scale is subjective.
The Arrma Kraton 4s is "1/10" scale.
Here is the Kraton next to a Traxxas Stampede and a 1/10th scale Ecx Ruckus.
20200430_205955.jpg

And the Kraton next to a 1/10th scale Ecx Torment and 1/10th scale Arrma Senton.
20200430_210104.jpg

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Scale is subjective.
The Arrma Kraton 4s is "1/10" scale.
Here is the Kraton next to a Traxxas Stampede and a 1/10th scale Ecx Ruckus.
View attachment 122011

And the Kraton next to a 1/10th scale Ecx Torment and 1/10th scale Arrma Senton.
View attachment 122012

It looks like the Stampede is a little 1/10, huh? That's quite a collection you have there. Do you have a favorite?

Slick2500

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
It looks like the Stampede is a little 1/10, huh? That's quite a collection you have there. Do you have a favorite?
That's not even all of them I have like 16 or 17 cars in total I really should count. My favorite is the one that isn't broken at the end of the day 😂
So I have.
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL
Traxxas Stampede 2wd XL5
Arrma Outcast 6s BLX
Arrma Kraphon 3s BLX, I turned my Typhon into a Kraton
Arrma Senton 3s BLX
Axial SCX10-II 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Axial SCX24
HPI Vorza Flux
Vaterra Kalahari
LC Racing EMB-TGH
LC Racing EMB-MT
Ecx Ruckus 2wd
Ecx Torment 2wd
Hosim 9125
WL Toys 12428
WL Toys 144001
Team Associated RC10B2
And I think that is it.

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
That's not even all of them I have like 16 or 17 cars in total I really should count. My favorite is the one that isn't broken at the end of the day 😂
So I have.
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL
Traxxas Stampede 2wd XL5
Arrma Outcast 6s BLX
Arrma Kraphon 3s BLX, I turned my Typhon into a Kraton
Arrma Senton 3s BLX
Axial SCX10-II 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Axial SCX24
HPI Vorza Flux
Vaterra Kalahari
LC Racing EMB-TGH
LC Racing EMB-MT
Ecx Ruckus 2wd
Ecx Torment 2wd
Hosim 9125
WL Toys 12428
WL Toys 144001
Team Associated RC10B2
And I think that is it.

Are there any that consistently seem to break more or less than the rest? Or any that you tend to grab first or put off when you wanna go bashing?

E-fanatic

RCNT Racer
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing, Flying
My kraton 4s is just collecting dust. It not as durable or nimble as my losi db pros (though they are not monster trucks :( ) So I have been having more fun with those.

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
My kraton 4s is just collecting dust. It not as durable or nimble as my losi db pros (though they are not monster trucks :( ) So I have been having more fun with those.

Thank you for the input! I have waivered yet again and I am looking at the Arrma Big Rock BLX 3S 4X4.

skurtzicus

RCNT Member
I'm always hearing how good arrma is and how they are starting to give traxxas a run for their money but it all depends on how you control the vehicle and what you like.

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Thank you everyone that shared their thoughts and information! I bought a Kraton 6S BLX. I am pretty happy with it so far! This thing is FAST!

LibertyMKiii

RCNT Qualifier
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Thank you everyone that shared their thoughts and information! I bought a Kraton 6S BLX. I am pretty happy with it so far! This thing is FAST!
I was going to comment that people seem to like the new Traxxas Maxx 4s truck although the price is a little high. I am glad you got the Kraton 6s. That has been my favorite RC truck/Truggy. The handling is great, it can do stunts easily, and as you said is very fast. With the speed pinion installed you can peak around 60-65 mph but the tires will be ballooning real bad and cause some serious stability issues.

You may want to hop over to the Arrma Forum for some Kraton 6s specific content. Many members here are over there also. (both forums are owned by Woodie)

If you have not heard of it Jenny's RC has some great prices on replacement parts https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-kraton-v4

Assuming you purchased the V4 Kraton my advice is to change out the radio when you can. You may have noticed the jumpy low throttle starts and possibly intermittent loss of signal. There are some low cost radios systems that can really improve the feel of how this RC runs.

If you are doing jumps and want to backflip then you may want to look into making the center diff fluid thicker.

Kenyon

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I was going to comment that people seem to like the new Traxxas Maxx 4s truck although the price is a little high. I am glad you got the Kraton 6s. That has been my favorite RC truck/Truggy. The handling is great, it can do stunts easily, and as you said is very fast. With the speed pinion installed you can peak around 60-65 mph but the tires will be ballooning real bad and cause some serious stability issues.

You may want to hop over to the Arrma Forum for some Kraton 6s specific content. Many members here are over there also. (both forums are owned by Woodie)

If you have not heard of it Jenny's RC has some great prices on replacement parts https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-kraton-v4

Assuming you purchased the V4 Kraton my advice is to change out the radio when you can. You may have noticed the jumpy low throttle starts and possibly intermittent loss of signal. There are some low cost radios systems that can really improve the feel of how this RC runs.

If you are doing jumps and want to backflip then you may want to look into making the center diff fluid thicker.

Thank you! I have done some reading on the Arrma forum while I was researching trying to decide what I wanted to buy. Maybe I will register over there too. I am probably going to building a track here in the next week or so. I won't have any huge jumps, but I will have a few. I am not really into doing flips and stuff like that. I am more interested in maintaining positive control and negotiating obstacles as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I will check out Jennysrc.com. I honestly don't know if mine is V4 or not. How would I be able to tell?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kenyon Arrma Kraton 4S vs ERevo 4S Electric RC 1
Stankfinger76 Arrma Kraton 4 vs 6 Monster Trucks 1
E Arrma v4 kraton esc problems Arrma RC 4
LibertyMKiii Arrma Kraton 6s speed run 94.5mph (stock electronics) Arrma RC 4
LibertyMKiii Arrma Kraton V4 73mph and only on 4s LiPo Arrma RC 5
WoodiE RPM Rear A-Arms for Arrma Outcast, Kraton and Talion Arrma RC 3
cmzm Arrma kraton dlx brushless Arrma RC 13
Rip King MC Need help finding a rear driveshaft for Arrma Outcast 6s Monster Trucks 3
NurturantQuasar Would Arrma senton 3200 kv motor heatsink fit on traxxas velineon Short Course Trucks 1
jovanyvilla453 Hello everyone! I'm planning to buy an Arrma this monday! Electric RC 6
Emery Hall Arrma outcast 4s motor going but wheels not going Arrma RC 5
Emery Hall Arrma outcast 4s sell or keep Arrma RC 2
Q ARRMA battery connector Electronics 9
tow_glinka Arrma Malvion 3S (Arrma 4x4 3S BLX LWB Truggy) RC Builds and Projects 1
K Arrma 4×4 blx battery's and charger Electric RC 4
The RC Car Looking for used Arrma Mojave 1/7th scale. Electric RC 0
R Arrma outcast 6s or Redcat mt8e-be6s Electric RC 6
Arrma big rock Best lipo battery to buy for arrma big rock Electric RC 4
Mathew T Bone racing snow set up for Traxxis 2wd retrofit to my Arrma Fury , thoughts? Electric RC 14
biggman100 ECX vs. Arrma vs. ????? Electric RC 0
E Need shock advice for Arrma typhon 3s Electric RC 3
Rpmspeedyblue ARRMA Infraction On-road and Rally Cars 8
WoodiE ARRMA INFRACTION 1/7th Scale Street Basher Arrma RC 17
WoodiE Arrma Limitless 1/7th scale roller Arrma RC 0
E Need help gearing Arrma Typhon 3s Buggy and Truggy 4
O Arrma Senton Rock Crawler? Short Course Trucks 3
S ARRMA Typhon 6s Unboxing + GPM wing mount retainer Buggy and Truggy 0
Kingleo619 Arrma Typhon Upgrades Electric RC 1
K I cheated on Arrma today Electric RC 6
B Arrma Rock Racer Electric RC 13
D Newest member of my arrma family Electric RC 0
T ECX Ruckus or ARRMA Voltage? (My sons 1st RC) Electric RC 2
W the monster truck arrma should build ! Electric RC 17
WoodiE Arrma Granite & Senton 4x4's get brushless upgrades Electric RC 1
olds97_lss Latest bashing videos 2018-06-23 Savage Flux, Arrma Talion, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Electric RC 2
WoodiE Arrma Nero BIG ROCK Monster Truck Arrma RC 1
WoodiE Arrma RC fans, come check out our new forum! Arrma RC 0
MRXCLUSIVE760 Arrma Fury BLS, what do you think about this? Arrma RC 2
RC/Racer ARRMA Rig's..... Arrma RC 4
D ARRMA Mojave 2.4GHz RTR Arrma RC 5
Grave ARRMA Rader Buggy RTR Arrma RC 5
W Help, Arrma Raider front shock Arrma RC 5
O Kraton or outcast Electric RC 5
O Shredder vs kraton Electric RC 1
weap0nkil DBXL-E 2.0 vs Kraton 8S Large Scale RC 5
Lovestricken Lovestrickens Kraton 8s RC Builds and Projects 2
BigKid Purchasing Arma Kraton- Any recommended replacement parts to order? Electric RC 12
J Jlb cheetah 120a, jlb j3 speed 120a or kraton 4s? Buggy and Truggy 3
S Kraton 4s 3674/2650kv Bash Buggy and Truggy 2
S Kraton 4s Surpass Hobby 3674/2650kv 54mph Buggy and Truggy 0