Is it worth the mony?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Mike c.

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys! i was thinking either to put the os cvrx .15 in my old t-maxx, but then i notice that TRAXXAS came out with a conversion kit from the pro .15 to the trx 2.5 so is it worth it?:banana:

El Pirata

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
IS what worth it? Which engine do you like better? From the sound of it you like the 2.5 better than the OS so that is what I think you should get.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Personally I like the OS since that is what I am running now. I have not seen the 2.5 yet in person, but I can tell you if you buy the OS you won't be disappointed! It is a great engine, lots of low end torque.

Mike c.

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
THANKS but what i am mostly looking for is weelies. and i have herd people getting ther pro .15 to weelie, but i can't make that happan with mine. and also looking for all-around performer cause i like screaming the engine.

Maxxcrazy88

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
go with the 2.5 conversion, if you do you definetly won't be sorry:D

Mike c.

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
thanks i am going to go with the os because i can just drop it in and i dont have to mess with that funky pipe!:banana:

El Pirata

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If all you want is wheelies then you can just change the spur gear by adding more teeth or the clutch bell by putting fewer teeth on either to raise the gear ratio and giving you more acceleration off the line. It'll be a great deal cheaper than replacing a brand new engine.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
You wont be disappointed! What header and pipe are you going to use with it? I use the AE pipe and Duratrax header with an 18 tooth clutch, it has sick bottom end, I love this combo and it only costs about $32 for the header and pipe.

Mike c.

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well then i'll go with your set up what i got is the stock header with a CEN metal pipe and the stock clutch:banana:

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Heres a link to the header and pipe.

Duratrax Header

Tuned Pipe

The pic of the pipe is the old style, the new one has a mounting nipple on the end of it, you will have to cut a little bit off the header or pipe in order for it to fit.

I am also using the MIP clutch and RRP vented flywheel on my OS