is it too late to continue break in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Me and the kids went up the mountains a while back and I took both the RedCat and the Acme Condor buggy up there.
BTW the buggy has had 5 tanks ran through it but I have noticed later that some suggest 10.
Anyhoo, I ran them both and I started seeing smoke coming from the buggy. I look at the body and noticed it was melting some. I took the IR thermometer and checked the temp. It was at 310F! So I shut it off. I haven't started it sense but just wondering. Should I set it back to factory settings and continue a few more tanks? Would it be a good idea or could it be too late?

I do not have an answer on the break in question but I would richen the fuel if you are overheating.

When you said "up in the mountains" you said it all.
Air density, temperature and humidity make HUGE differences to the tune up needed, and assuming it was cold up there she most likely needed to be richened up.
Just remember rich is safe, and never be afraid to richen your mill up if in doubt, then start retuning from there.
I am suprised the body started melting. I had an MGT 8.0 up into the low 300s but no body melting.......
GREAT JOB

I figure it will be ok. Brushless is correct when he says richer is safer. But I tried killing an OS .18 Maxx. Had it up to 375 when it shut its self down. ***however it still lived and is still running today*** Was it good for it....uh...no. But hey

about the buggy frame. The way it was cut, it does rest in bettween the cooling head grill a bit so the it was touching it at the time of high temps.

Back