Is it to late or can they be saved. Pic inside

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well after 3 almost 4 years i went and pulled out all of my old RC trucks that have been put away in my shop. i put them away because i got so burnt out on these things now i have that feeling again so I'm ready to hit the dirt and jumps again. I'm going to see if i can get them back running, and i know what i have is old but i want to know if i can buy new parts or do some overhauling to kinda up date my trucks. I'm thinking my savage is the 3.5 please let me know if I'm wrong, with a Mach 26 engine. i also have an old warhead this truck is 100% still stock and I've had nothing but problems out of this truck from day 1. so please let me know if i can still get parts for any of my trucks and engines thanks!! and sorry for so many pictures but I'm really ready to get the trucks back going thanks
-odie1

1st truck what savage is this?

rctrucks001.gif

rctrucks004.gif

rctrucks007.gif

rctrucks006.gif

rctrucks005.gif

2nd truck warhead by duratraxx

rctrucks002.gif

rctrucks009-1.gif

rctrucks010.gif

3rd truck is something i was working on a long time ago

rctrucks003.gif

rctrucks011.gif

rctrucks013.gif

rctrucks014.gif

and last all 3 of them back together

rctrucks019.gif

rctrucks020.gif

your savage is a 25 if i'm not mistaken. you should be able to get parts for all of them, the duratrax maybe few and far between on parts support

tmaxx.....thanks i know that the motor thats on my savage is not the stock one i remember buying that engine from our hobby town here in auburn. i really want to take the savage and make it really wide, like all the shocks and control arms. thats really the one i want to get back going the warhead may have 5 tanks ran threw it and thats with the break in runs too. i have never been able to get that truck to run right. thanks for the info so far
-odie1

whats some good sites to buy my parts and engine rebuild kits from? any info would help me a ton. i have been out of the rc truck game now for some time so i need all the help i can get
-odie1

I start with ebay personally,just check the sellers ratings, amain hobbies,tower hobbies,hobbypartz, just to name a few.

No offense, but the warhead is notorious for being trouble. I would sell it. The other two should be ok, provided you did some kind of after-run procedure on the engines.

i have a savage .25 and between e-bay, Tower Hobbies, I was able to update it and fix it quite nicely, hpi makes a 17mm hex hub conversion kit so you can get rid of the " backwards " thread axles on the right ( passenger) side. I really like the way my savage .25 turned out, plenty of guys on e-bay parting-out savages, thats where i found lots of parts, the rest came from Tower, but I've had no trouble upgrading mine as everything seems to interchange. hope this helps. mackdaddy66 oh yea, i have some photos on my photobucket under mackdaddy66 of my .25 and my xl.

I just put a new sleeve and piston in my savage. I busted the crankshafts on my forty six so I put the old 35 back in it with a new sleeve and piston and some new nitrous fuel. Do that for each and they will start up. The first few times it mouth be hard and they probably won't start on any of the first few shots. Of the engine pops more than once don't give up hope, it will eventually start.

Back