Is HSP any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That_Puppet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to get my first nitro car, i have a supermod traxxas slash and a stock wltoys 144001 with steel diff gears, and was looking around banggood. I saw the HSP 94177 rally car and theres next to no videos/reviews on it, save for kevin talbot which i dont trust since he’s basically paid by banggood. Is this model any good/ do you have any experience with it?

Attachments

• 8DD7A8E6-0795-4A84-997E-E9C252FE6CBF.jpeg
    8DD7A8E6-0795-4A84-997E-E9C252FE6CBF.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 528
  • DF46AD22-424D-434E-8190-CBE08C4682FD.jpeg
    DF46AD22-424D-434E-8190-CBE08C4682FD.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 251
HSP, Redcat, and Exceed RC are all pretty much the same vehicles, made by the same company. They are basically lower end beginner vehicles, which isnt to say they are bad, but, they dont have near the quality as the better brands, such as Arrma, losi, Team Associated, Tekno, to name a few. They do have a ton of aluminum upgrades for them, but, depending on where you are located, parts can at times be really hard to get, and, are often out of stock for short periods of time, and sometimes even for a few weeks.

HSP, Redcat, and Exceed RC are all pretty much the same vehicles, made by the same company. They are basically lower end beginner vehicles, which isnt to say they are bad, but, they dont have near the quality as the better brands, such as Arrma, losi, Team Associated, Tekno, to name a few. They do have a ton of aluminum upgrades for them, but, depending on where you are located, parts can at times be really hard to get, and, are often out of stock for short periods of time, and sometimes even for a few weeks.
Id imagine they arent as good as something like arrma or losi, but they also arent $500-900. The one I'm looking at is $216 and I'm probably going to swap out the receiver first chance i get

Id imagine they arent as good as something like arrma or losi, but they also arent $500-900. The one I'm looking at is $216 and I'm probably going to swap out the receiver first chance i get
The radio and receiver are actually made by FlySky, and arent that bad. I use strictly FlySky radios and receivers in everything i have. I have a FS-GT3B that i use with 6 different cars, and the FS-GT2G for my drift cars. I also have an older Redcat RCR-2CE that is a rebranded FlySky that i let the kids use. The only original radio i still use is the Spektrum DX2E Active that came with my Losi 22S SCT, and i have Redcat, Exceed, Arrma, Losi, DHK Hobby, and Team Associated vehicles. The only thing i have found with the HSP cars that sometimes can be an issue are the ESC's and servos, but i only do electric. I have no clue how the nitro cars hold up, but, there electric and nitro cars share some components. Are you in the States?

Back