Is Ace Harware hobbies all that bad?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i remeber that thread that was on here and heard a few bad things about this site but is it all that bad? I can't seem to find the RB Econo 3 Port engine anywhere else. Is ace hardware that or or do you have a link to another site that has that engine?

I had a bad experience then 2 times after that had awesome service. It seemed to me they mended their ways.

what did your bad experiences entail bad customer service, slow shippments, crappy merchandise?

stories about why my product took about a month to get about 200 miles.........

i would have drove and picked my stuff up...

My bad experience was the time issue as well. It turns out that a lot of the stuff they sell is drop shipped from the actual manufacturer instead of their own warehouse. I paid for blue label shipping and got it almost 3 weeks later becuase they didn't know that the manufacturer had stuff on back order. What I didn't like was the fact that I was still charged for blue label and to top it off, my card was charged before I even got my item (approx 1 week before).

I called them up and they said I was still liable to pay for the blue label shipping since that's how it was sent from the manufacturer. After argument and threatening to stop payment, they changed their tune and admitted fault since their site said "In stock" and lead me to beleive I could get it in 2 days.

BTW, I sent the item back and never did business with them again.

I personally havnt delt with them because of the stories I heard. I had another friend bitchin about how they claimed the drop ship crap. They just had a add in Rc Car action magazine so hopefully that means they changed there tune a little bit. I still wont buy from them until I hear twice as many praises as I already have heard bad.

The best & only way to deal with Ace, is to call them on the phone. Get a verbal confirmation of "In Stock Items", and then pay via credit card. I've spoken to them on 2 different occasions, & would give them a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10....

I'm with ImBroken, call first if you need the parts right away, If you are in no hurry then just order. I have had trouble with them in the past and only order from them if I can't get it else were.

I have only dealt with them once. I ordered online. An Ofna failsafe and Venom Speed Meter. I didn't have any problems. All my stuff arrived in a timely fashion. This was about 6 months ago and all seemed fine.

yea I'm not really in a rush to get the engine so i guess ill order online and see if they cleaned up their act.

ImBroken said:
The best & only way to deal with Ace, is to call them on the phone. Get a verbal confirmation of "In Stock Items", and then pay via credit card. I've spoken to them on 2 different occasions, & would give them a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10....
That's the really messed up thing. I did call them up and he looked at the computer and sad it was in stock. Paid via credit card and still got hosed! I'd rather deal with towerhobbies if I had to make a choice.

oh no doubt i use tower when ever possible i love tower its just they dont have the RB 3 port

But you have to pay for tax on tower.......well....at least I do....

you have to pay tax on Ace too as they are in Cali and if you are in a state that requires internet sales tax then you will pay it also. I have to pay sales tax on Tower also, it's the law and it changed around the first of the year. Some states are still not equiring internet sales tax so enjoy it while it lasts!

It took about a month before I recieved my kit. But that was a year ago.

Nope no sales tax for me!

HumboldtBlazer said:
you have to pay tax on Ace too as they are in Cali and if you are in a state that requires internet sales tax then you will pay it also. I have to pay sales tax on Tower also, it's the law and it changed around the first of the year. Some states are still not equiring internet sales tax so enjoy it while it lasts!

Well, not all sites I buy from charge me tax, like stormer and hobby people, but tower charges me tax. I only use the internet to get some upgrades and most kits. So, the tax would be pretty expensive for me when I do have to pay it, and I do not want to pay $30-50 extra on something I know I can get somewhere else w/o tax.

Also, I thought that it was only if the site has a store/warehouse in your state they can charge you tax?

The horizon shipping/distribution center is w/ in my state and about 3 hours away, so I think I'd get charged tax from them, but I have not tried to order from them before.

I've dealt with Ace hobbies on many occasions and all I can say is that i'll ALWAYS make my purchases there. I've received the best service on the phone and they are very knowlegable on all types of nitro applications. I know that they try to keep everyhing in stock to the best they can. From my understanding, they are quite busy with filling orders and helping customers, but I don't think I will ever change my mind about how thier service is and how good my experiences have been with them.

Last edited:
Hp apparently they really like you or something because thats BY FAR the best I've heard ANYONE say about them. You dont by chance work for them, do ya?? lol...jk

Back